Mora to the Rockies?

RevOlution

I'm hoping he finally has found a home.

One of the reasons the folks in Denver want Mora is because he can play so many positions and current bench player Jason Giambi(notes) is pretty much limited to one: first base
Mora is supposedly set to make his decision by week's end.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/rumors/post/Mora-closing-in-on-deal-with-Rockies-?urn=mlb,215938

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I don’t see Eovaldi being dealt, doubt we deal in division and don’t want Anderson or Lorenzen for free. Scherzer yes but he also has to be ok to waive his NTC.
    • They didn't do any of our imagined rotation reshuffling for the previous Yankees series. I'm guessing they won't this time either. I think Burnes will start Wednesday, get his ASG inning, and then they'll use the break as a chance to skip/delay Suarez and Povich. Burnes/Rodriguez/Kremer in some order start in Texas weekend after the break. 
    • If they didn't set-up Burnes to pitch vs NY when they were trailing them a couple of weeks ago, I don't think they're going to do it with, probably, a lead this weekend. By the way, Burnes could be in line for an all-star game start. I know this is an exhibition game but still quite a honor that he would probably like to be available for. 
    • Cowser worries me late in games. He's got the absolute worst clutch stats in MLB and he's one of the absolute worst players in WPA. He's the last guy I want at the plate if we need something to happen in a big spot. 
    • As a backup plan and for the next two years, ok.  As his big deal for a starter for the stretch run and playoffs.  No.
    • So far this year, the Orioles’ OF PA (1,078) have been allocated as follows: Santander (302) 28.0% Mullins (272) 25.2% Cowser (268) 24.9% Hays (136) 12.6% O’Hearn (45) 4.2% Kjerstad (29) 2.7%  Stowers (26) 2.4% Note that Santander (55 PA) and Kjerstad (17 PA) have also seen time at DH, while O’Hearn gets most of his time (225 PA) at 1B/DH. My question is, what do you think the mix will look like over the final 72 games?   Personally, I’d like to see something like: Santander 27% Mullins 25% Cowser 16% Hays 16% Kjerstad 16% With Santander and Kjerstad continuing to get some PA at DH, as they have been.   Kjerstad since his recall has started 8 of 12 games, 4 in the OF and 4 as DH, and pinch hit in two other games.    I think it’s time to play Cowser less, unless his bat picks up.  16% basically means he’s still playing half the time, split evenly between CF and a corner spot.  
    • A reminder... The draft starts at 5 p.m. ET on Sunday, July 14 and will include the first two rounds, as well as the first two supplemental rounds. The second day of the draft will be rounds 3-10, and the third day of the draft will be rounds 11-20. Days two and three both start at 12 p.m. ET. The O's first four picks are at #22, #32, #61, and #97.  We traded pick #34 in the Corbin Burnes trade.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now