Vasquez and Williams Earn ACC POY and COY!

When is the ACC ROY picked? I thought it would happen on the same day as the ACC coach and player of the year were picked. Did I miss something? If it hasn't happened then I would think Williams would have a solid shot at making it a three-for.

http://blogs.ajc.com/georgia-tech-sports/2010/03/09/favors-named-acc-rookie-of-the-year/

Favors from GT beat Williams 45-6.

• 3 weeks later...
Does anyone know when all of the All-American teams are announced? Looks like Sporting News came out this week with J. Anderson' date=' Reynolds, Turner, Vasquez, and Wall.

Is the AP's list considered the primary authority?[/quote']

AP list came out today:

First Team:

Turner

Wall

Wes Johnson

Reynolds

Cousins

Second Team:

James Anderson

Sherron Collins

Greivis Vasquez

Jon Scheyer

Da'Sean Butler

AP list came out today:

First Team:

Turner

Wall

Wes Johnson

Reynolds

Cousins

Second Team:

James Anderson

Sherron Collins

Greivis Vasquez

Jon Scheyer

Da'Sean Butler

Congrats to Greivis. I think 2nd team AA sounds about right for him. Hard to argue too hard with that first team, all incredible players.

ugh Greivis deserved 1st team over Reynolds. Better ppg, apg, rpg.
I can see it going either way.

Reynolds averaged 18.2 to Greivis 19.6, but he shot only 12 times a game compared to Greivis' 15.5. Greivis had the much better assist and A:TO numbers, though, and more rebounds. Scottie had the higher FG% and 3 PT% while Greivis edged him out on the line.

I think Scottie deserves the AA nod. As is usually the case, there are more guys deserving of a spot than spots available.

Greivis just won the Cousey award, which goes to the nations top point guard. He beat some really stiff competition!

Viva Greivis

I know he had a great season...but does anyone really think he's a better Point Guard than Wall? I don't really even consider him a PG...Congrats to GV, but rather surprising. Maybe it's an April Fools joke...

I know he had a great season...but does anyone really think he's a better Point Guard than Wall? I don't really even consider him a PG...Congrats to GV, but rather surprising. Maybe it's an April Fools joke...
PPG: Wall 16.6 Vasquez 19.6

APG: Wall 6.5 Vasquez 6.3

RPG: Wall 4.3 Vasquez 4.6

TOPG: Wall 4.0 Vasquez 3.4

A-TO: Wall 1.62 Vasquez 1.87

FG%: Wall 46.1 Vasquez 42.9

FT%: Wall 75.4 Vasquez 85.7

3PT%: Wall 32.5 Vasquez 35.9

Its pretty easy to make a case that Vasquez had a better season than Wall, at least statistically. Either would have been fine a fine selection. Congrats to Greivis.

PPG: Wall 16.6 Vasquez 19.6

APG: Wall 6.5 Vasquez 6.3

RPG: Wall 4.3 Vasquez 4.6

TOPG: Wall 4.0 Vasquez 3.4

A-TO: Wall 1.62 Vasquez 1.87

FG%: Wall 46.1 Vasquez 42.9

FT%: Wall 75.4 Vasquez 85.7

3PT%: Wall 32.5 Vasquez 35.9

Its pretty easy to make a case that Vasquez had a better season than Wall, at least statistically. Either would have been fine a fine selection. Congrats to Greivis.

I just don't view him as a PG. I wasn't trying to slight his season. I also didn't realize that Wall's A-TO was that bad.

I just don't view him as a PG. I wasn't trying to slight his season. I also didn't realize that Wall's A-TO was that bad.
He may not bring the ball up the court all the time (although he still does most of the time) but he's definitely the guy who runs the offense. I think Vasquez is pretty clearly our point guard.

Archived