Bloody Weekend for top ranked teams...

geschinger

Captain Comeback has done a heck of a job getting them ready to play today. While it was surprising that it was at home and Stanford that did it, it wasn't all that surprising that Booty was going to cost the Trojans. Now it'll be interesting to see how little or how far they drop. My guess is that it won't be far enough for losing to what was a home game against a 1-3 team.

They won't drop out of the top 10 which will show why the polls are bs. You don't lose to a 1-3 team that you were 40 pt favorites over at home.

I can say this, if that was WVU that had lost to Stanford at home they would be lucky to be in the top 20, but USC...can't have them fall to far.

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the interests of messing up more national championship predictions and introducing more parity and unpredictability into NCAA football : Go Gators. I believe the game is better off with more parity like this ; it isn't fun when the game becomes predictable and preseason favorites make the championship game.

I'm hoping that the preseason top 25 all have at least one loss. Then I want the national championship to be something like South Florida vs. Hawaii, even though they probably aren't the best two teams. If the highest profile, largest revenue-producing teams don't make the national championship, that will probably be the most effective way to change the BCS system. Money talks.

In the interests of messing up more national championship predictions and introducing more parity and unpredictability into NCAA football : Go Gators. I believe the game is better off with more parity like this ; it isn't fun when the game becomes predictable and preseason favorites make the championship game.

I agree that the game is better when any team is capable of winning on any given Saturday but it just magnifies the absurdity of the current system used to crown champions.

There will be a 1 loss team in the NC game...6 of the 9 years since the BCS started, a 1 loss team has played for the NC...Still time for schools like USC to get in.

Horrendous loss by USC though....Just pathetic...41 point favorite and lose!!!

No chance USC gets in unless the rest of the big boys lose 2. A loss like this, to a 1-3 team at home, is an absolute dagger to any chance they may have had.

No chance USC gets in unless the rest of the big boys lose 2. A loss like this, to a 1-3 team at home, is an absolute dagger to any chance they may have had.

We'll see. I would not be surprised at all to see the coaches give USC somewhat of a pass and keep them in the top 10. There is time to recover from that considering some of the surprising teams in the top ten who will likely lose a game at some point.

Well, they still have to go to Oregon and to Cal...Cal will be ranked #2 after this week....If they go into those 2 teams and win both and then win out the rest of the games, they will have a chance....Right now, LSU, Cal and OSU are in the drivers seats...South Florida as well.

Problem for those teams is that if they lose a game from here on out, it will be later in the season than USC's loss.

They won't drop out of the top 10 which will show why the polls are bs. You don't lose to a 1-3 team that you were 40 pt favorites over at home.

I can say this, if that was WVU that had lost to Stanford at home they would be lucky to be in the top 20, but USC...can't have them fall to far.

THANK YOU!!! This is exactly right. Please let's get a playoff already. I hope the teams playing for the NC both have like two losses or something, maybe that will show how ridiculously stupid it is to basically hand pick two teams to play for a title.

I could never root for UF under any circumstances.

Yeah I agree. The constant whining by the Gators over the years about not getting title shots and the fact that I hate Urban Meyer. That being said, I'd like to see LSU lose before the season is out.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex

USC to 10 , VT ranked higher than UF too :eek:

And like I've said before BC is ranked way too high. They are a #9 team. They are not the #4 team in the country by any means.

Unfortunately the SIDs/coaches didn't feel like it was all that bad a loss for USC to lose to an unranked team at home dropping them only to #7. They'll have plenty of time to make that up.

Archived