4/18, Orioles (1-11) @ Athletics (9-4)

nevadaO

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think we already put enough trust into the bullpen

You've got to trust the bullpen. At some point they've got to be able to prevent a lineup like Oakland's from scoring 4 runs in 2 innings. It's only 1 game, you don't risk the future for it. Just my opinion. I totally understand the temptation though!

They keep showing this commercial on CSN Bay Area and I thought it was pretty good!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlB84XzP7xg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlB84XzP7xg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Pretty good stuff there. Definitely got a chuckle out of it.

What is up with Edwar Ramriez , and The second base umpire ?

They said a new rule has been put in. You don't have to walk off the mound to put your hand on your mouth. You can stay on the mound, however you cannot be on the pitching rubber and touch your hand on your mouth. Ramirez did it once was warned. Did it again, was warned again although it should have been a ball added to Reimold's pitching count. But whatever I guess.

You've got to trust the bullpen. At some point they've got to be able to prevent a lineup like Oakland's from scoring 4 runs in 2 innings. It's only 1 game, you don't risk the future for it. Just my opinion. I totally understand the temptation though!
Bringing Matusz back out after 88 pitches is in no way "risking the future".

Archived