4/18, Orioles (1-11) @ Athletics (9-4)

nevadaO

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am not sure he saw Nolan's double well. He over jumped it, but the point is people have made up their mind that Jones is going to be this yeare whipping boy. That was a no fault play IMO. He did not see it.

Jones, Markakis, Reimold, Wieters.....heck, every offensive player besides Wigginton and Pie have been underperforming to a huge extent. Any Oriole fan has a right to be upset at them without being called too judgemental. The mistakes are magnified during a long losing streak man.

Their is always atleast one person in a message board that points out everything someone says. Jesus Christ. Adam should of had that ball. That's the reason he is wearing sun glasses to block out the sun

Oh good God. Sunglasses shade and protect your eyes from the sun, they don't block it out completely. And just because you're wearing sunglasses doesn't mean that you now have the ability to see perfectly whilst looking directly into the sun.

I agree that it wasn't an overly difficult play and Adam I'm sure would tell you it's a play he needs to make nearly 100% of the time. I'm also not going to start ripping a guy for losing a ball in the sun and saying that he's a cocky, arrogant diva.

It amazes me how this kind of stuff is becoming more prevalent on here, even though there's not really any basis for it.

A couple of oddball posters make these baseless accusations and then suddenly people jump right on the bandwagon.

I'd love to know what Adam Jones does that makes him "cocky" or "Mr. Cool"?

To hear some of the people on here tell it, you would think the guy is the next Rickey Henderson or Willy Mays Hayes.

Twice today the A's announcers commented on AJ's lack of intensity in the outfield. One time they said "he was back on his heels" instead of aggressively approaching the ball to throw out a guy tagging up. The other time they laughed at how casually he jogged in to catch a pop up and "looked directly in the sun" instead of getting to his spot fast and shielding the sun with his glove.

We will never know if a different player would have found a way to make those plays.

If you like AJ fine. If many think he is a ego driven guy who could be much better if he dropped his casual cool style and upped his focus, fine as well.

What amazes me is how many people bash the people who find AJ to be a player who isn't fully meeting his potential.

Put on a pair of sunglasses, go outside and look directly at the sun for a few minutes. If your sight ever returns, you can come back and post about how little the sunglasses actually helped.

Edit: This is actually terrible advice, DO NOT DO THIS. You will hurt your eyes.

Oh good God. Sunglasses shade and protect your eyes from the sun, they don't block it out completely. And just because you're wearing sunglasses doesn't mean that you now have the ability to see perfectly whilst looking directly into the sun.

I agree that it wasn't an overly difficult play and Adam I'm sure would tell you it's a play he needs to make nearly 100% of the time. I'm also not going to start ripping a guy for losing a ball in the sun and saying that he's a cocky, arrogant diva.

Yeah. It's typical this happens. Player does good. people like him. Player doesn't do good. People hate/bash him

Twice today the A's announcers commented on AJ's lack of intensity in the outfield. One time they said "he was back on his heels" instead of aggressively approaching the ball to throw out a guy tagging up. The other time they laughed at how casually he jogged in to catch a pop up and "looked directly in the sun" instead of getting to his spot fast and shielding the sun with his glove.

We will never know if a different player would have found a way to make those plays.

If you like AJ fine. If many think he is a ego driven guy who could be much better if he dropped his casual cool style and upped his focus, fine as well.

What amazes me is how many people bash the people who find AJ to be a player who isn't fully meeting his potential.

Uh, no. People are just tired of hearing baseless assessments of players personalities based off of two plays.

Archived