4/19 Orioles (2-11) @ Mariners (6-7)

nevadaO

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't see beans. My impression from you guys is that Bergy was doing fine until he pitched around Ichiro, and since then it's been a different story. Do I understand correctly, or has he been no good all game long?

He did have a "groove" but it was short lived. He looked a little shaky to start the game but a GIDP bailed him out. Then he settled down for a bit with a lot of ground balls and effectively pounding the zone but it was only for about 5 outs or so.

Then he started rushing like crazy once he got in trouble again, he got a little squeezed, and his defense didn't make the play behind him this time. After the error, he stopped keeping the ball down and left it up for Bradley and Kotchman.

Overall, he kept the ball down for a stretch but he couldn't handle the pressure when the ump squeezed him and his defense let him down.

I can't see beans. My impression from you guys is that Bergy was doing fine until he pitched around Ichiro, and since then it's been a different story. Do I understand correctly, or has he been no good all game long?

That's pretty much the story. His sinker was definitely looking better. However, somewhere after pitching around Ichiro and throwing balls to Figgins he became very visibly ratted and just lost it, culminating in the meatball to Kotchman that was slammed.

It is true he could've gotten out of the inning with some better defense though.

Archived