4/19 Orioles (2-11) @ Mariners (6-7)

nevadaO

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For those of you who have TV, I want to you look really, really closely at Kotchman and tell me if you can figure out why SG has such a persistent crush on him. Is he cute? Manly? What do you see about him that could possibly explain it, because it's sure not how he plays baseball. Let me know what you see, OK?

Yea, we just got a real good look at Kotchman, taking our pitcher over the wall.

And a two-run homerun. 7-0 Mariners.

No sure how many of these are earned, since Wigginton got an error on what would have been a double play to end hte inning.

Bergesen is out, Berken in. 2 outs.

Edit: I guess it's 4 ER somehow, per Gameday's box score.

Totally agree... another RBI single for Griffey but it's another ground ball.

This is just the classic case of a ground ball pitcher getting unlucky.

I'm not sure you can really call this just bad luck. Some of this is to be expected when you have a groundball pitcher and the kind of infield the O's are throwing out there today, which includes such esteemed defensemen Wigginton, Lugo, and Scott.

Tony... this inning should have been over 4 runs ago.

I'm more concerned about Bergesen's head than anything else. He's obviously rattled.

I can't see beans. My impression from you guys is that Bergy was doing fine until he pitched around Ichiro, and since then it's been a different story. Do I understand correctly, or has he been no good all game long?

And a two-run homerun. 7-0 Mariners.

No sure how many of these are earned, since Wigginton got an error on what would have been a double play to end hte inning.

Bergesen is out, Berken in. 2 outs.

Edit: I guess it's 4 ER somehow, per Gameday's box score.

Can't assume a DP though.

Archived