MacPhail puts hitters on notice

clapdiddy

I would agree if I didn't think that if we also had a 11-15 record you would still be railing against AM and the organization.

If we had an 11-15 record after this schedule, I'd be pretty impressed.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because its idiotic to think that Jones and Reimold are struggling because they "aren't supported".

They seemed to do just fine last year without support.

The players playing poorly isn't MacPhail or Trembley's fault. Its the player's fault.

The only bad thing on this roster than MacPhail is responsible for, IMO, is Atkins. Everything else he did was pretty solid. It was never going to make us a contender this year, but we should have been able to be a pretty decent offensive club to go with our solid pitching. Unfortunately two key guys got hurt and three other key guys are completely crapping the bed at the plate. If Roberts, Pie, Reimold, Scott, and Jones were healthy and/or producing at even a bit below expected, we'd be hitting just fine.

Maybe the expectations were wrong. Also, Roberts wasn't exactly setting the world on fire when he was playing earlier. Face it, this team sucks offensively in virtually every aspect except for Wigginton and Tejada, and the ability to walk by Markakis.

Maybe the expectations were wrong. Also, Roberts wasn't exactly setting the world on fire when he was playing earlier. Face it, this team sucks offensively in virtually every aspect except for Wigginton and Tejada, and the ability to walk by Markakis.

He played 4 games. Hurt.

This is where you really earn your reputation. C'mon, its 4 games. BRob being absent from the lineup is a huge setback:

2009 Bal 159 632 110 179 56 1 16 79 74 112 30 7 .283 .356 .451 .807

I obviously can't prove a negative. Nevertheless, based on your posting history, I suspect you still would be complaining about how we could be challenging the Rays and Yanks, if only AM had obtained Holliday, Lackey et al.

So, what record would you just be OK with... 9-17, 8-18?

Edit: Since you have yet to respond to me... when you do, please indicate that you have factored in the loss of Roberts, Gonzo, Pie and Uehara. Thanks!

I think MacPhail is sending a message to Scott. I could see Scott down and Turner up and starting at 2B. Wiggy to 1B and Atkins and Hughes sharing DH.

Turner is doing his best impression of Glen Gulliver at Norfolk. He has walked 7 times in 39 PA. He has a .400 OBP. I could see him leading off for the O's and setting the table for Nick, Wieters, Miggi and Wiggy. Turner is not a base stealer but he knows how to get on.

I was looking at some other teams players not hitting great right now.

Yankees-Tex.ARoid,Johnson

Red Sox- Ortiz,Martinez,Lowell

Rays-Pena,Zobrist,Burrell.

Blue Jays- Hill,Lind.Overbay

You can name guys on every team in our division not hitting up to the players usual standards. The problem with the O's,we can't hit with RISP. Every team in the AL East has guys with low averages.

I think MacPhail is sending a message to Scott. I could see Scott down and Turner up and starting at 2B. Wiggy to 1B and Atkins and Hughes sharing DH.

Turner is doing his best impression of Glen Gulliver at Norfolk. He has walked 7 times in 39 PA. He has a .400 OBP. I could see him leading off for the O's and setting the table for Nick, Wieters, Miggi and Wiggy. Turner is not a base stealer but he knows how to get on.

Turner had his shot earlier (however brief) and in the spring and then sent him back pretty quick. I think we'll see Patterson up with Montanez DFA'ed. At least Corey can run into one every once in a while and he can back up all three outfield spots well defensively.

Archived