Reimold is going to Norfolk

TravelerRU

So the Homerun he hit on May 5th wasn't hit "even slightly hard"? Hyperbole much?
Wasn't that mostly just a pretty lazy fly ball that carried out and hit the foul pole? I didn't see it, but I heard it on the radio, and both Manfra and Angel were shocked that it ended up as a homerun.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wasn't that mostly just a pretty lazy fly ball that carried out and hit the foul pole? I didn't see it, but I heard it on the radio, and both Manfra and Angel were shocked that it ended up as a homerun.

He hit it pretty well. It was right down the line and didn't need much distance to get out. I wouldn't call it a moonshot, but he turned on it pretty well.

So there is no chance that hitting at AAA can help him get back to hitting like he should be quicker than continuing to try things up here with plummeting confidence would?

Things don't have to be optimal to be good. Sending Reimold down if his confidence is down is a good move. Maybe Jones or Scott should have been sent down instead, but that doesn't mean Reimold didn't deserve to go down and can't benefit tremendously from some time at AAA.

The thing is, he may be regaining that stroke right now anyway.

Why not see if he starts to build on these last 20 at bats? Why not let him get through the weekend and then see where he is at?

You could send down Lou now and then see how things stand after another 5 or 6 games.

If he is back to struggling or whatever at that point, then fine, send him down.

But don't send him down when he appears to be showing signs that he is coming out of his slump.

As I said in the other thread...Jones is a better candidate to go the minors for this reasoning than Reimold is.

Yes, I didn't think it was hit pretty hard.

Honestly, I could see the Front Office making this into another Bergesen move. Reimold will play everyday for Norfolk for a week or two. If he's hitting well after that, he will be back in Baltimore by June.

He has been, you're right. But everyone has noted how much Reimold's slump has effected him. He needs some confidence. Maybe going down to Norfolk and getting on a hot streak will give him that confidence back. I have to imagine that he's back here as soon as he gets hot.

Unless of course the demotion completely kills his confidence and we never see Nolan in an Orioles uniform again!

I understand the points brought up in this thread, but this team, everything about them, is just infuriating right now.

Good thing we're playing the "bad" teams now so we can get on a roll! :rolleyes:

Good Lord folks... Really? Don't you see what this is? They're recharging his batteries so he doesn't have to do it under the microscope. He'll be back in so little time he doesn't use an option if he gets his swing together. Haven't you noticed that he hasn't hit a ball solidly in forever? He works the count, gets a good pitch to hit, and then hits a weak grounder or pop up. He is clearly struggling.

This isn't about the "weaker" player. This is about leaving Montanez as the fifth outfielder, starting Scott in left every day, having Patterson to back up Jones, and getting Reimold on track. Really, I'm surprised you guys don't see this. Montanez is completely immaterial in all this.

vatech come on. He is hitting .310 vs lefties. He is 3 for his last 10. In the next 10 days that he is required to stay in the minors the O's play KC, Cleveland and Texas in one of the best hitting park in the league. That is a perfect time for him to play everyday if that is what they want him to do. Who is ahead of him? Scott? Atkins? Hughes? Montanez? Corey Patterson? Come on.

I look at it differently.. If they moved Montanez to AAA, then that's showing they've lost all faith in Reimold as an everyday player.

You send down the guy that has a shot at helping your ball club to get at bats and get his swag back, not the one that is going to be a 6th or 7th OF on any given team.

Good. If that's the case, he should mash AAA pretty well and be promoted back up quickly.

Has to be at least 10 days though unless there is an injury.

If he goes on some hot 10-15 pace, after going 6-20 with 2 walks here, he will still have to stay down there for around another week before the Orioles can bring him back up.

Its just pointless to do it right now...it should have either been done 2 weeks ago or they should have waited until the Clev or KC series was over.

I was there on May 5. The Homerun hit near the very top of the foul pole, the only question was whether it would hook foul. He definately hit it hard.

BTW do we really think the O's will play worse because Reimold is in AAA for two weeks?

I think it comes down to who is the better prospect, and what is better for his long term development.

Very true. None of us have this knowledge, though, and I'm certain this was discussed by the FO. But I'm not sold that Nolan is just now finding his stroke. He's been terrible and he can always prove he's deserving of a promotion with his play at Norfolk.

Time will tell.

Good. If that's the case, he should mash AAA pretty well and be promoted back up quickly.

Well, the only thing I can hope for is that Reimold, Arrieta, and Tillman all carpool together on their trip from Norfolk to Baltimore.

Archived