Tony's being awfully quiet....

I'm not so sure you will be afterwards. ;)

Well obviously. How can you be looking forward to something you've already done? ;)

Seriously though, any expert opinion is good, regardless of whether or not it's positive.

I don't want people to think it's all negative, but I was less than thrilled by the top ten picks overall. Obviously I don't want to be down on a kid before he plays a professional game, but outside, of Machado, I didn't see that potential impact under the radar guy.

I'll have more soon including Jordan's take.

What I want to know from Tony... Did you hit Jordan up with some hard questions? Or did you lob beach balls at him?

I like JJ and he's a well respected guy.. but there hasn't been much of anything coming out of his drafts outside a handful of guys who have made it.. but not one guy has come out and been an impact player up until Arrietta hit the scene.

I was not doing an expose on Joe Jordan and his drafts. I asked him about his current draft.

Unfortunately, bigger and more pressing issues have come up and I'm working on something, much, much bigger than this past draft. I still hope to get something out even if it's abbreviated.

I was not doing an expose on Joe Jordan and his drafts. I asked him about his current draft.

Unfortunately, bigger and more pressing issues have come up and I'm working on something, much, much bigger than this past draft. I still hope to get something out even if it's abbreviated.

Much appreciated as always. God, when you say much much bigger.. I automatically assume bad news.. :vader:

I can't speak for everybody, but I'm willing to wait for the full blown "tell all" rather than cranking out the abbreviated story. Either way, thanks in advance.

I don't want people to think it's all negative, but I was less than thrilled by the top ten picks overall. Obviously I don't want to be down on a kid before he plays a professional game, but outside, of Machado, I didn't see that potential impact under the radar guy.

I'll have more soon including Jordan's take.

I've been poking around some of the other teams' sites since you posted this and this seems to be a pretty common sentiment around the league. I am certain that there are legitimate bones to pick with our draft (I've got a few, for sure), but the lack of depth in this draft has left a lot of baseball fans feeling a little dejected about what is coming into their system this year.

Two big questions I have is whether the clear dip in talent in this draft will lead to A) less money being handed out per slot after you get past the big 3 ... or B) some of these mid-level guys being urged to sign on this year when the talent field isn't so rich, instead of going back into next year's draft?

I can't speak for everybody, but I'm willing to wait for the full blown "tell all" rather than cranking out the abbreviated story. Either way, thanks in advance.

The abbreviated "story" would be the draft story. The other one will not hold back and will not be abbreviated.

Archived