Will the Orioles sign Manny Machado?

Will the O's sign Manny Machado?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Will the O's sign Manny Machado?

I agree. With the guys in next year's draft I'm not concerned with losing Machado.

If the Orioles were to draft someone as good as or better than Machado with the pick they would receive for not signing Machado this year, they would have to spend much more than they would in order to sign Machado. Because of this, it's pretty likely that signing Machado this year is a much better option than signing a safe pick next year or pay even more for a talent similar to Machado.

If the Orioles were to draft someone as good as or better than Machado with the pick they would receive for not signing Machado this year, they would have to spend much more than they would in order to sign Machado. Because of this, it's pretty likely that signing Machado this year is a much better option than signing a safe pick next year or pay even more for a talent similar to Machado.

That's true, but isn't next year supposed to be the last draft before all the draft compensation issues come up in collective bargaining. That could cause guys to lose some leverage.

That's true, but isn't next year supposed to be the last draft before all the draft compensation issues come up in collective bargaining. That could cause guys to lose some leverage.

Also true. But nothing along those lines is guaranteed so it's probably better not to bank on those changes, no matter how likely, and just continue with how things work for now until those changes are actually made.

That's true, but isn't next year supposed to be the last draft before all the draft compensation issues come up in collective bargaining. That would cause guys to lose some leverage.

I think all top picks will sign this year for everyone.

Archived