Nyjer Morgan

Dipper9

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So after the events in this thread, Morgan blatantly ran through a Cardinals catcher standing away from home plate after scoring. Then last night he took out the Marlins catcher (stupidly, since as the video says, he would have scored had he slid) and started screaming at a fan in the bottom of the inning.

That catcher is an awesome person, by the way.

Tonight, the Marlins hit him with an eleven-run lead. So he goes and steals second and third (again, eleven-run lead). So later, the Marlins throw behind him and, well...

http://deadspin.com/5628076/finally-a-baseball-fight-that-doesnt-disappoint

1) Gaby Sanchez is ALSO an awesome human being.

2) So that's what happened to Pat Listach!

2a) I hope Pat Listach gets suspended for the rest of the season.

3) Since Morgan is playing while appealing a seven-game suspension already, I hope MLB not only denies him but increases it by a power of ten.

Remember when people thought Lastings Milledge and Elijah Dukes would be the Nationals' problem outfielders? And Milledge was traded for frickin' Morgan!

Nyjer Morgan gets rocked WWF style. Just saw it on MLB Tonight.

Morgan comes after him and the Marlins are pummeling him! …. Gaby Sanchez got a big piece of him, I think Gaby got him good.

The Marlins announcers have always been awesome. Slooow mow at 1:40 of Morgan getting one of those WWE moves put on him. I never really watched wrestling but I guess Ric Flair or the million dollar man Ted Dibiase would be proud.

So after the events in this thread, Morgan blatantly ran through a Cardinals catcher standing away from home plate after scoring. Then last night he took out the Marlins catcher (stupidly, since as the video says, he would have scored had he slid) and started screaming at a fan in the bottom of the inning.

That catcher is an awesome person, by the way.

Tonight, the Marlins hit him with an eleven-run lead. So he goes and steals second and third (again, eleven-run lead). So later, the Marlins throw behind him and, well...

http://deadspin.com/5628076/finally-a-baseball-fight-that-doesnt-disappoint

1) Gaby Sanchez is ALSO an awesome human being.

2) So that's what happened to Pat Listach!

2a) I hope Pat Listach gets suspended for the rest of the season.

3) Since Morgan is playing while appealing a seven-game suspension already, I hope MLB not only denies him but increases it by a power of ten.

Remember when people thought Lastings Milledge and Elijah Dukes would be the Nationals' problem outfielders? And Milledge was traded for frickin' Morgan!

Seriously, I hope he's suspended for the rest of the year. He's been making a mockery of the game over the past week. Send him home for the rest of the month, this punk doesn't deserve to be on a baseball field.

Morgan got what was coming to him, but I don't understand the problem with him stealing bases when his team is down 10 runs in the 4th inning?

If the Nats were up 10 runs and he's stealing bases, then I'd understand the problem. Were the infielders not holding him or something?

Ok, Morgan has been a major jerk and embarrassment all week. But the Marlins and Volstad were still out of line. They had already nailed him in payback for the Hayes hit (which, while it may have been dumb and over the top, was not a dirty play).

So when Volstad threw behind him, it wasn't payback for Hayes. It was payback for Morgan stealing a couple of bases while his team was behind.

Well, sorry, Marlins. There's no mercy rule in MLB, and the game doesn't end early because you've got a big lead. If you don't want him stealing, do a better job of holding him on. Or throw him out. Or don't put him on in the first place.

Would've been a different story if the Nats had had the big lead. But that wasn't the case.

I didn't see the game, so take this with a grain of salt. I don't think it's the 11 run lead so much as Morgan trying to show them up after he was hit. Don't know what body language he displayed when he stole them, or words may have been exchanged too.

I agree it's no slight to steal 11 down, but I'll bet it was more than just that.

Its one of those famous unwritten rules in baseball is not to run when up or down by that much.

Morgan had it coming to him; He was benched Sunday because Nats own manager said if he played him he would have gotten hit for what he did on Saturday and taking a shot at St Louis Catcher.

Now Tuesday he runs over the Marlins catcher. From what I hear former players on MLB Network and ESPN saying is if you can see the plate you slide, if the catcher is blocking the plate he is fair game. Morgan could see the plate did not slide and was out; possible cost his team the game.

So we get to Wednesday, Morgan get plunk the 1st time his team is down 14-3 and steal 2 bases. Next time up he gets throw at again for "disrespecting" the Florida Marlins. I have no problem with that, I would hope that if the time happened in the Baltimore that we would not have a problem throwing as someone you did things like that.

Also listening to Carpenter and Knight, they did sound like they agreed with what the Marlins did especially Knight.

Morgan is trying to become the next Albert Belle or Milton Bradley

I see Morgan, Volstad, Sanchez, Riggleman, Rodriguez, Listach, Veras and Staten all suspended or fined

I hope the next pitch comes whistling by his ear. What a piece of crap.

I agree with poster 1970- what people are saying in here is just as classless as anything that went on. Young man has temper issues- but the Marlins know this- and throwing behind him after already intentionally hitting him is obviously going to insite (sp) the temper issues to go over the edge.

If its an unwritten rule not to steal two bases down 11, I think that rule goes a little out the door when that person was intentionally hit by the pitch. And if its an unwritten rule that you shouldnt be stealing down 11, you also should not be plunking people just because you are up 11.

Archived