Will The Orioles Ever Get A Pitcher As Good As David Price?

Old#5fan

Will The Orioles Ever Get A Pitcher As Good As David Price?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Will The Orioles Ever Get A Pitcher As Good As David Price?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am not ignoring it but it really doesn't mean anything much at all. Price clearly has more dominate stuff than Matusz and it isn't even close. Even Palmer said it on national tv.

Of course it means something. Why do you continue to pick and choose when you use Palmer as an expert opinion?

Price has also won 19 games. So one game Matusz pitches makes him better?:laughlol:

I would love to see Matusz pitch against Price. There is no comparison as Price's stuff is dominating. Matusz is just very good. Sort of like comparing the hitting skills of Longoria to Jones or Markakis. Longoria is dominate and Jones and Markakis just very good.

Well it took 5 pages but there it finally is. A shot at Markakis in a thread that has nothing to do with Markakis.

Price has also won 19 games. So one game Matusz pitches makes him better?:laughlol:

I would love to see Matusz pitch against Price. There is no comparison as Price's stuff is dominating. Matusz is just very good. Sort of like comparing the hitting skills of Longoria to Jones or Markakis. Longoria is dominate and Jones and Markakis just very good.

First of all, the word is "dominant." Dominant is an adjective, dominate is a verb. Why do I have to keep repeating this?

Second of all, I don't understand your point. Price is a year ahead of Matusz, clearly has about 6-7 more mph on his fastball, and is going to be in the top 3 (at a minimum) for the Cy Young Award. None of that has diddly squat to do with whether Matusz will become an excellent pitcher in his own right. Price aspires to be Randy Johnson; Matusz aspires to be Tom Glavine. They are entirely different types of pitchers.

First of all, the word is "dominant." Dominant is an adjective, dominate is a verb. Why do I have to keep repeating this?

Second of all, I don't understand your point. Price is a year ahead of Matusz, clearly has about 6-7 more mph on his fastball, and is going to be in the top 3 (at a minimum) for the Cy Young Award. None of that has diddly squat to do with whether Matusz will become an excellent pitcher in his own right. Price aspires to be Randy Johnson; Matusz aspires to be Tom Glavine. They are entirely different types of pitchers.

He believes that the radar gun is the only thing that tells the story. If Matusz ends up having a career like Glavine i think we'd all be happy. But Oldfan would still say he wasn't any good because he was unable to throw upper 90s. Idk why we even argue with him.

He believes that the radar gun is the only thing that tells the story. If Matusz ends up having a career like Glavine i think we'd all be happy. But Oldfan would still say he wasn't any good because he was unable to throw upper 90s. Idk why we even argue with him.

Get your facts straight before making false statements. I only believe the radar gun tells the story in getting a prospect to the bigs. Once in the bigs it is a factor but so is command and movement which are equally important.

Yeah, I meant dominant. Thanks for the correction. I was typing in a hurry while bouncing around on the train which is really no excuse as I should know better anyway. :o

I don't mind LA traffic.

You're one of the few then, must not have to hit the freeways for work commute, you're a truck driver, or you love turtore. Forbes just put a list together of most stressful cities, and LA came in at #2, their traffic also rate the worst in America. It's not just the sheer amount of cars on the road it's the amount of people who shouldn't even be behind the wheel of a car. If I lived and worked in the same area it wouldn't be a prob...or if I got up at 4am to start my drive.

Archived