Point Blank. Our Opening Day first baseman will be...

shorty122dude

Honest Answer: Our OD First baseman will be...  

188 members have voted

1. 1. Honest Answer: Our OD First baseman will be...

• Adam LaRoche
    • Derrek Lee
    • Luke Scott
    • Billy Butler
    • Other (please specify)

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is the first factual thing you have stated all thread long.

And yet he still had a higher OBP and more RBI than Tejada.

Well he had 17 more home runs that led to those 14 more RBI's, which look real nice. It's when he's not hitting homers that concerns me. This is why Tejada had 72 more hits. I'd take hits over homers anyday. A hit provides more impact than homers, when most of the homers come when no-one is on, or is in a situation where it means nothing. What I wish, is that there was a way to see how many of Reynolds homers came with bases empty

Well he had 17 more home runs that led to those 14 more RBI's, which look real nice, it's when he's not hitting homers that concerns me. This is why Tejada had 72 more hits. I'd take hits over homers anyday. A hit provides more impact than homers, when most of the homers come when no-one is on, or is in a situation where it means nothing. What I wish, is that there was a way to see how many of Reynolds homers came with bases empty

Little known fact: Homers always create runs. Hits do not.

To get on base. 72 more hits by Tejada, and higher average shows me he did it at a more consistent basis

You are quite simply the worst poster I have ever been exposed to during my time on the O/H. Your arguments are utterly incoherent, and every time you make a statement it is littered with ignorance. Please, just sit back and learn something first. Once you start to get a grasp of what is going on, and you have gathered some information to support your stance, then post.

I really am not trying to pick a fight. I enjoy talking baseball on here with the O/H crew. And I certainly do not mind a divergent view point. I often have them myself. But, you have to make some kind of reasonable attempt to defend your position. Just making off the cuff jibberish is getting old.

You are quite simply the worst poster I have ever been exposed to during my time on the O/H. Your arguments are utterly incoherent, and every time you make a statement it is littered with ignorance. Please, just sit back and learn something first. Once you start to get a grasp of what is going on, and you have gathered some information to support your stance, then post.

I really am not trying to pick a fight. I enjoy talking baseball on here with the O/H crew. And I certainly do not mind a divergent view point. I often have them myself. But, you have to make some kind of reasonable attempt to defend your position. Just making off the cuff jibberish is getting old.

O.k, one that can't be debated. Reynolds might have a hard time adjusting to American league pitching. I'm curious to see if that adjustment is made. If he stuck out 600 times in 3 years with ARI, then wonder how he'll fare in the toughest division in baseball? And if my views make you so angered, then just put me on ignore, and debate with the ones that agree with your views. Not here to agree or disagree, just not letting the "Everything is great with this team" be the only one allowed. Reynolds is a cheap alternative, main point I'm making.

O.k, one that can't be debated. Reynolds might have a hard time adjusting to American league pitching. I'm curious to see if that adjustment is made. If he stuck out 600 times in 3 years with ARI, then wonder how he'll fare in the toughest division in baseball?

Considering that the NL West led divisions in strikeouts by a fair margin, there is no reason to assume that Reynolds will strike out more in the AL East.

O.k, one that can't be debated. Reynolds might have a hard time adjusting to American league pitching. I'm curious to see if that adjustment is made. If he stuck out 600 times in 3 years with ARI, then wonder how he'll fare in the toughest division in baseball? And if my views make you so angered, then just put me on ignore, and debate with the ones that agree with your views. Not here to agree or disagree, just not letting the "Everything is great with this team" be the only one allowed. Reynolds is a cheap alternative, main point I'm making.

Are you related to OldFan?

So what you are saying, is that you are content with having Reynolds as a long term solution at 3rd? I have higher expectations, that is the diffrence. Beltre would have been the fill at 3rd to be made, but we all know the C word that led to it being Reynolds opposed to Beltre. Ever wonder why 3rd was the first thing addressed? I believe it was to say "Now we don't have to add a $ guy like Beltre"
The level of intelligence in your posts in no way justifies the level of arrogance. The difference between the two is staggering. Give it a rest, please.

O.k, one that can't be debated. Reynolds might have a hard time adjusting to American league pitching. I'm curious to see if that adjustment is made. If he stuck out 600 times in 3 years with ARI, then wonder how he'll fare in the toughest division in baseball?

Who cares how many times he K's?

He isn't going to be a high average hitter but so what?

What he does is get walks, hit for a lot of power, work the count and play decent enough defense. Its pretty obvious that you only care about stats that don't really matter all that much. What I find funny is your absurd obsession about LaRoche and he k'ed 172 times last year, which is also a lot. Why do your rules and theories apply to Reynolds but not your hero LaRoche?

Did you read what Ripken said about him? Do you think Cal is some hack who knows nothing? Do you think he was wrong?

Archived