Current team/payroll figures

Sports Guy

I agree with the Jones comment.

I have a feeling Guthrie will get more then you estimated, Scott may get a little more, and Hardy may get a little less.

Jones got a reward for good behavior. And that he was almost a super two. They would like to sign him long term and want him happy.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
C- Wieters: 420K

1st- Lee: 7.25M

2nd- BRob: 10M

SS- Hardy: 5.85M

3rd- Reynolds: 5M

LF- Pie: 985K

CF- Jones: 3.25M

RF- Nick: 10.25M

DH- Scott: 6.275M(approx)

Bench/bench candidates:

Izzy- 1.5M

Reimold- 420K

Harris- 1.75

Andino- 420K

Fox- 420K

Tatum- 420K

Rotation:

Guthrie- 5.75M(approx)

Matusz- 550K

Tillman- 420K

Arrieta- 420K

BB- 420K

Pen:

Koji- 3M

Gregg- 5M

Gonzo- 6M

Accardo- 1.08M

JJ- 975K

Berken- 420K

VDH- 420K

I am copy-pasting the OP with updated information on the agreed upon salaries and the reflection of the fact that the Major League minimum has been set at $414,000 for the 2011 season. I rounded the minimum salaries to $420k to make it easier to add and to account for the possibility that an individual player's salary may be renewed at a slightly higher rate than required.

There are 26 players listed here and going with the true mid-point for Scott and Guthrie's arbitration numbers, the payroll is currently $78.665 million, which is right where SG estimated it would be in his opening post.

With the arbitrations figures in I have the payroll at between 79.805 - 77.145 the difference being the offer and asking price of Guthrie and Scott.

There is still a lefthanded reliever at a major league salary yet to add. I have a starter being signed to a minor league salary and will not be included in the opening day O's major league payroll.

I see the O's trying to do a salary dump through ST on Brendan Harris which could reduce the payroll by 1.75M or some part of that amount. I also don't see Jeremy Accardo making the major league roster if the relievers stay healthy for opening day. If he signed a split contract for 300K, that would be a reduction of the major league payroll of 1.1M. If those two things happen the payroll could drop as much as 2.55M to 77.255-74.595 plus the LHR salary.

There are two contracts that we know have significant incentives in them. Lee - 2.75 and Koji - 2M for an increase of up to 4.75M.

I am copy-pasting the OP with updated information on the agreed upon salaries and the reflection of the fact that the Major League minimum has been set at $414,000 for the 2011 season. I rounded the minimum salaries to $420k to make it easier to add and to account for the possibility that an individual player's salary may be renewed at a slightly higher rate than required.

There are 26 players listed here and going with the true mid-point for Scott and Guthrie's arbitration numbers, the payroll is currently $78.665 million, which is right where SG estimated it would be in his opening post.

There are 27 players listed.

Archived