Jarrod Saltalamacchia - C

Stephen Drew - SS

Jackie Bradley Jr. - LF

Ryan Dempster - RHP (0-1, 5.40 ERA)

http://baseballpress.com/lineup.php

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply
McLouth 7, Machado 5, Markakis 9, Jones 8, Davis 3, Wieters 2, Hardy 6, Flaherty 4, Reimold DH. Arrieta SP

Wonderful recap of Luis' par lay (?) but what no Dickerson in tonight's lineup? WTF???? ;) C'mon Jake - seize it!

Looking forward to a solid outing from Jake today! Something tells me his curveball will be unhittable when used - always thought he would be the next Moose, think we might be seeing that this evening. Got to get that run support though!

Gotta love these soggy early-April games in Boston. Much as I always loved going to Fenway for an Orioles game, back when I was up in New England for college, I don't miss ballgames at the beginning or end of the season, when it's cold and wet and there are those gargantuan bottlenecks at what few points of entry into the stands exist, at that park ...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I do disagree. And everyone hated it in the game thread. What's changed? If Cano or Coulombe imploded this board is going nuts this morning. Just because the Reds couldn't hit the broad side of the barn yesterday doesn't suddenly make it any less stupid of a decision.
    • Actually I had set minimum PA to 90. If you set to Qualified (~75 PAs), then he is tied for 100th best wRC+ in AAA. 
    • Suarez can back up Means and the rest of the bullpen is rested. Maybe you disagree but breathtaking stupidity is over the top. 
    • I feel like the whole pity party for Norby is a bit much. He’s 23 and not a top 100 prospect in any of the major lists. He’s a subpar fielder limited to 2B and LF. He’s tied for 88th best hitter in AAA with a 108 wRC+. He has a 32% strikeout rate and bad Statcast peripherals.  The Banner throws around comments about how Norby would be starting for most other teams, but I don’t think that’s true. There’s maybe a couple teams where he might be considered for a chance to start. He doesn’t need to be added to the 40 man until end of year. I don’t think the Orioles would hesitate to trade him for reasonable value, but we need to find a taker. If we can’t get back someone that could be a difference maker in the bullpen, then he might be worth more to us as depth.   The narrative around how Norby is tragically and unfairly blocked in AAA from sure-fire MLB success due to Elias slow playing prospects and hoarding is completely overblown IMO.
    • Well we'll see how it plays out in the next two games. If he needs Cano, Coulombe, and Kimbrel again today, they will be unavailable in game 3 and Hyde will have nobody but himself to blame for that. 
    • Haha, yeah we would be 162-0 without him. Not just the best record in AL for past 200 games.
    • Naw man, Hyde's a total f@#!ing idiot and @dystopiais the only one who sees him for the fraud that he truly is.  Truly competent managers make late-game decisions based on 'what-if' worst-case scenarios for the following day's game in early May of the regular season.  Complete imbecile, that Hyde.
  • Popular Contributors