Dylan Bundy on D/L again

DocJJ

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shutdown.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a> comfirm <a href="https://twitter.com/masnSteve">@masnSteve</a> report Dylan Bundy placed on class A Frederick DL with lat strain. May be shut down rest of season. Almost done</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">August 14, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Yep, but it's not like he didn't have them. Just played through it.

Its a little harder for a pitcher to "play" through muscle strains and whatnot being that they use so much of their body as hard as they do for however many innings they throw. Not only would something like a sprained lat probably get worse, it would effect command and velocity and could potentially cause a pitcher to alter his mechanics some which could lead to far worse injuries.

Its a little harder for a pitcher to "play" through muscle strains and whatnot being that they use so much of their body as hard as they do for however many innings they throw. Not only would something like a sprained lat probably get worse, it would effect command and velocity and could potentially cause a pitcher to alter his mechanics some which could lead to far worse injuries.

Oh, I wasn't talking about Bundy. Just in general about all the nicks that shelve guys, and it's not confined just to this era.

And Manny, for example, or JJ, for example, or Chris Davis with his oblique earlier in the year aren't pitchers, either. I think some guys play through stuff and others don't. Still, it is amazing that a 21 year old pitcher somehow gets injured "running"...God.

can you image the outcry on here, if he had kept it to himself and tried to pitch through it, only to injure himself further?

Its the minor leagues, and no reason to take a risk here.

I know a lot of fans are disappointed, they were expected Bundy to be on the Sept 1 call-up list.

IMO, I don't think the team was going to call him up, but thats just my opinion.

Starting to remind me of Adam Loewen. Wasn't there some questions raised about the intensity of his workouts? I really don't know. I do know neither him or his brother have been healthy since we drafted them and that is not a particularly good sign.

At this point, his value is falling off a cliff so he will have to prove himself next year.

Shut him down. I don't have any interest in the O's being tempted to call him up in September.

I said that along time ago and everyone thought it was a foregone conclusion he was coming up. My buddies are all like "so when are they bringing up Bundy"

Hope this guy wasn't the reason we didn't get Lester. Just think he s destined to be spending more time on the DL than he will on the mound in his career

Agreed. But ppl still have it in their head he will be a ACE...So let's keep sitting on him.

Just a good thing the Os weren't banking on him being called up this year.

Archived