Marlins Nearing Deal With Michael Morse

Greg

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Marlins Nearing Deal With Michael*Morse <a href="http://t.co/qilEVpT41a">http://t.co/qilEVpT41a</a></p>— MLB Trade Rumors (@mlbtraderumors) <a href="
">December 16, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Another one down.

A shame, I wanted Morse.

Out of all the options left out there...

There are always options. Always. Once you're convinced that you have to have one particular thing you're over the barrel. I often think that teams are like my wife when we went to buy a minivan a few years ago. My attitude is there are a million minivans, if this dealer can't give us the price we want I'll just go somewhere else. My wife's attitude was "OMG they're going to sell my van and I can't let them do that let me call the guy and make sure he doesn't sell it to someone else before we get back there!!!@(@!(@" At that point I just resigned myself to giving them all the money. With free agents and trades and international guys and minor leaguers and platoons and waivers... there are a million minivans.

A shame, I wanted Morse.

It will be interesting to see what he signs for. I liked him as well, to replace some of Cruz's production. I'm guessing the Marlins will have paid him 4 million plus per year, which is not where DD wants to go. We'll see.

There are always options. Always. Once you're convinced that you have to have one particular thing you're over the barrel. I often think that teams are like my wife when we went to buy a minivan a few years ago. My attitude is there are a million minivans, if this dealer can't give us the price we want I'll just go somewhere else. My wife's attitude was "OMG they're going to sell my van and I can't let them do that let me call the guy and make sure he doesn't sell it to someone else before we get back there!!!@(@!(@" At that point I just resigned myself to giving them all the money. With free agents and trades and international guys and minor leaguers and platoons and waivers... there are a million minivans.

Nice.....

Archived