Anybody been to the Salem or Lynchburg stadiums?

Going Underground

Salem Memorial Baseball Stadium is a very nice little ballpark (about 5500 capacity) with easy access not too far off I-81. Thursdays are $1 beer nights. The team is actually owned by the Red Sox owner, John Henry, so there have been fan amenity upgrades in concessions, souvenirs, etc. Any seats have good sight lines. There is never any problem parking or lines at concessions. I have been there to see the Keys a number of times and have always enjoyed it.

attachment.php?attachmentid=1091&d=1357051224

I am going down to Lynchburg in April. I was going to see a game or two in Lynchburg or Salem since the Keys are n town. Any suggestions and how are the stadiums would be helpful. Thanks.

I was at Lynchburg in 2008 to see the Advanced-A Keys (actually, first and foremost, I was there to get Billy Rowell's autograph.)

It turned out to be a very funny (and very enjoyable) experience. There weren't 50 people at the stadium, probably because the sky was very gray, and it was drizzling on and off. The people behind us were hilarious, with self-deprecating humor about their team (the Hillcats), whom were steamrolled by a score of 8-1. I won a prize for getting the answer to a trivia question (the answer was Earl Weaver, and me and my girlfriend were the only Orioles/Keys fans, so that was no surprise.) I also got a couple of balls tossed to me by the first base coach (like I said, we were the only Orioles/Keys fans there.)

The stadium was not bad, not great ....... just another stadium.

I hope you have fun.

Patrick

Archived