Mike Napoli dealt to the Blue Jays

paulcoates

If this is true, Juan Rivera and Mike Napoli to the Blue Jays for Vernon Wells, the Blue Jays easily win this trade.

Wells will be their new CFer, even though his UZR/150 was worse than Hunter, who was moved to RF because of his defense.

Any chance they go with Wells in LF, Bourjos in CF and Hunter in RF???

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any chance they go with Wells in LF, Bourjos in CF and Hunter in RF???
The Angels didn't move Hunter to RF because of his defense, they moved Hunter to RF because of Bourjos' defense. No chance Wells goes to center. If Bourjos continues to play like he did last year he'll quickly become recognized as one of the best defensive players ever.

If the Angels are getting Drabek, they must be eating all Wells salary.

I seriously doubt the Angels are going to eat all of Wells' salary in any scenario. In an optimistic scenario, where he plays very well the next 4 years, he'll be owed $25 mm more than he's worth. In a pessimistic scenario, where he is inconsistent and/or declines with age, he'll be owed $50-60 mm more than he's worth.

The Angels didn't move Hunter to RF because of his defense, they moved Hunter to RF because of Bourjos' defense. No chance Wells goes to center. If Bourjos continues to play like he did last year he'll quickly become recognized as one of the best defensive players ever.

I agree... but Rosenfels is saying Wells in CF. I just don't see that happening.

Archived