O's in the lead for Duchscherer

Guest Hayden2004

Nope, I'm just afraid of hiring someone who will most likely get injured--if that happens to be the case with Duchscherer.

The way I see it, I would rather see Tillman than any of the other remaining FA SP. So, if we get Duke, and he gets hurt, then I'll be more than happy to watch Tillman pitch.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My main concern is Duch can't help us at all on DL and there is not one person on here can say he is any healthier this year. Your history is kept for a reason. It is a part of you.

Wow, before today it wasn't clear he would sign a Major League deal. It is highly doubtful he signs for more than $2 million. Even if he throws 80 innings at 4.20 ERA he will be worth that salary.

My main concern is Duch can't help us at all on DL and there is not one person on here can say he is any healthier this year. Your history is kept for a reason. It is a part of you.

If we offered him a ML deal, he must have looked healthy enough in his BP session...

Can anyone familiar with the Nationals fill us in on how their rotation is stacking up?

Which rotation gives JD the best chance of cracking the starting five?

Nats rotation candidates are

Livan Hernandez

Jordan Zimmerman

Jason Marquis

John Lannan

Tom Gorzelanny

Craig Stammen

I would say if healthy he should crack either rotation but his chances are probably slightly better with the O's.

To whom Elias makes more sense:

What would Duchscherer have to do in 2011 to become a type B?

Not be on the DL.

His 2010 was good enough to give him a score of 39.733 and the cut-off from Type B to no compensation is 57.481 (ironically enough Guthrie is the first starting pitcher worth no compensation).

Duscherer just needs an average season and he will be worthy of a Type-B compensation.

Not be on the DL.

His 2010 was good enough to give him a score of 39.733 and the cut-off from Type B to no compensation is 57.481 (ironically enough Guthrie is the first starting pitcher worth no compensation).

Duscherer just needs an average season and he will be worthy of a Type-B compensation.

Thank you. Must spread rep.

For some reasons he sort of reminds me of Steve Trachsel.

If by that you mean they are both human beings who have pitched in the Major Leagues, I agree. Trachsel never got hurt his entire career, save for 2004 and was consistently mediocre. Duchscherer has an ERA+ of 145. The only way they are similar is that neither are strikeout pitchers but otherwise their careers have been quite different.

Archived