If you were the GM, would you put Britton on the OD roster, or wait?

Frobby

If you were GM, would Britton be on the OD roster  

214 members have voted

1. 1. If you were GM, would Britton be on the OD roster

• Yes - give the team the best chance to win now
    • No - get the extra year of control by waiting until April 21 or later

This poll is closed to new votes

I find it interesting that the original question was about an opinion and people are making statements like it's a math equation with a specific right/wrong answer.

5 years is a LONG time away. We've seen more prospects crumble than I'd like to remember. We've seen the Nationals lose their top prospect to surgery in his first year.

If a spot was up for grabs based upon performance in spring training, Britton earned it. Perhaps doing something unorthodox like this would show people at every level in the organization that the big club is serious about contending now. Maybe it gives Britton a burst of confidence and a new found appreciation for how the Orioles treated him. You never know...

1570 had this conversation sometime last week. I was completely against bringing Britton up at the time. It wasn't until I saw Tillman pitch against the Red Sox yesterday that I changed my mind. We need major league pitching, and Tillman is not that right now.

We've had 13 straight losing seasons and command no respect around the league. Forgive me for not worrying about "controlling" a prospect 5 years from now. The Orioles need to put together the team that gives them the best chance at winning games. That team includes Britton in the starting rotation.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
“There’s an old saying in Tennessee — I know it’s in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on, shame on you. Fool me, you can’t get fooled again.”

Pull that youtube of former president Bush and you'll have yourself a good laugh.

I find it interesting that the original question was about an opinion and people are making statements like it's a math equation with a specific right/wrong answer.

5 years is a LONG time away. We've seen more prospects crumble than I'd like to remember. We've seen the Nationals lose their top prospect to surgery in his first year.

If a spot was up for grabs based upon performance in spring training, Britton earned it. Perhaps doing something unorthodox like this would show people at every level in the organization that the big club is serious about contending now. Maybe it gives Britton a burst of confidence and a new found appreciation for how the Orioles treated him. You never know...

1570 had this conversation sometime last week. I was completely against bringing Britton up at the time. It wasn't until I saw Tillman pitch against the Red Sox yesterday that I changed my mind. We need major league pitching, and Tillman is not that right now.

We've had 13 straight losing seasons and command no respect around the league. Forgive me for not worrying about "controlling" a prospect 5 years from now. The Orioles need to put together the team that gives them the best chance at winning games. That team includes Britton in the starting rotation.

All things I have stated. Great post, imho.

vatech, when do I collect this money? I assume its at least 20K, you were awfully confident.

Just a tip: if you want people to take you seriously and not still think you are some sort of troll, you should probably let this whole thing go.

Just because you aren't someone who was already disliked and eventually banned doesn't mean you aren't setting the stage for a similar decent on your own.

Tampa Bay.

Just a tip: if you want people to take you seriously and not still think you are some sort of troll, you should probably let this whole thing go.

Just because you aren't someone who was already disliked and eventually banned doesn't mean you aren't setting the stage for a similar decent on your own.

Ah, so you suggest that I just agree with whatever the masses think, take insults that are thrown out for no reason, not let people know that I am actually not someone else, etc?

No thanks. Keep the tip in your back pocket.

:thumbsup1:

I think it means that he is starting to like you.

That would make one person. I don't get the hostile nature of some. I don't agree with something, but have done nothing but praise the Os, root against my own opinion, made a decent joke, and defend myself from some ridiculous accusation. Oddly, I end up the bad guy.

I love a good discussion and, more than anything, that we have such an exciting prospect to discuss.

Archived