Britton optioned to AAA

Pedro Cerrano

But, doesn't a SP have much more impact on a game than a hitter? A hitter gets to exert his presence, but it's not as much as the SP.

They impact one game in which they start more than a hitter, but they impact an entire season much less than a hitter who also plays the field.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, they don't have to do this and you speculate that it will have no impact on this year. You state opinions as facts all the time.

Pineda was given the chance to earn a spot and he did. Britton was told he had a chance when he did not. That is a problem. Perhaps small, hopefully small, but an issue none the less.

It's already been established that if Britton was on the opening day roster and pitched to the best case scenario, that the impact would be maybe be 1/2 a win.

Are we really going to have the same arguments running in three different threads (at least)?

I will just say, best of luck to Britton for a strong first couple of weeks in AAA. And best of luck to the other starters to get the Orioles off to a good start.

To Tony's point, I agree something needs to be done about these timing issues in the next CBA. A system that incentivizes teams not to go with their best team on Opening Day is a bad system.

Hope we have a lot of tough decision, for good reasons, to make all season long.

Hopefully Britton and Nolan become good friends, because they both will be Orioles sooner rather than later.

As an aside to all this, Norfolk's team is looking pretty darn solid.

You think Nolan will be up soon? I dont think so. I hope not. I mean I would love to have him on the team, but I would prefer that he got his ABs in AAA rather than play once/twice a week here.

"But we all understand the business side. I think everyone knows it kind of came down to that, which is fine. It's flattering that the organization feels that highly of me that they want me around for so long. If that's the decision that they made, then I'm actually kind of flattered by it and I'll go down to Triple-A and continue to do well and be back up here hopefully within this month."
via Roch

This quote from Britton doesn't seem to indicate any hard feelings. He seems like a pretty smart guy from the few things I've read. Can't wait to have him up here.

It's already been established that if Britton was on the opening day roster and pitched to the best case scenario, that the impact would be maybe be 1/2 a win.

That has been established? I read the post and it was a great post, but again its just a projection. To me its about the mindset, its about telling the young man he was competing for a spot when he was not, and considering today infinitely more important than tomorrow. Situations change over months, much less years. We know Britton is one of our best pitchers, we told him he was pitching for a spot, and we (delusional or not) consider ourselves playoff contenders this year. Those are my issues.

Im a happy camper no matter and am excited to see every single pitch, from every single pitcher and every single AB from every single batter. They're all orioles and im rooting for them each the same. I hope Tillman doesn't allow a run for the rest of his freakin life. As I mentioned, I like the problems this team has. I think Chris needs to work on some things that you can't work on in the majors, but the people paid to make these decisions have made their choice and Im behind it.

via Roch

This quote from Britton doesn't seem to indicate any hard feelings. He seems like a pretty smart guy from the few things I've read. Can't wait to have him up here.

Seems like a great young man who is a competitor. Can't wait till he's up too.

:beerchug1:

I can see Britton beaning someone after a player of ours is hit and walking towards the batter inviting him to come on out. I think thats the mentality he brings to the mound and I love it.

But it's not about disagreeing with each other.

It's about one lone wolf taking, for the most part, illogical and ridiculous positions and being given piles of evidence to debunk his fallacious arguments.

Then everyone else watches as he puts his fingers in his ears, screams "La La La I can't hear you", and continues spouting the same tired agenda.

Well, I happen to think its funny. The problem is that people engage him with logic. That doesnt work with your crazy Uncle and it isnt going to work with him. I think the crazy ones are the people that beat their head against the wall screaming logical points to him, just laugh and move on.

Archived