Britton optioned to AAA

Pedro Cerrano

That is being implied from this part of his quote:

Yep, and theoretically he made the team. While no one is going to come out and say it, he's being optioned because of the loophole and not because he didn't pitch well enough to make the team.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is he ruining the message board or are the guys who constantly feel a need to feed him ruing it? That's really the question.

Every single time you guys continue this debate, despite the fact that all of us know he's not going to change his opinion, makes me wonder if you guys know the old definition of insanity?

Not sure what you're trying to say here Tony. Isn't this just like what happened with OldFan? A guy who failed to understand rational discourse and refused to admit that he could ever be wrong?

We all know what the end result there was...

Is he ruining the message board or are the guys who constantly feel a need to feed him ruing it? That's really the question.

Every single time you guys continue this debate, despite the fact that all of us know he's not going to change his opinion, makes me wonder if you guys know the old definition of insanity?

Its difficult sometimes. Especially when he's been everywhere with this the last few days.

When we in society find insanity, we try to help that person. When that help isn't successful after many, many attempts, frustration sets in.

Additionally, when a person is REALLY insane, we tend to remove them from our society into a facility where they do not interact with the sane. For the benefit of everyone.

Not sure what you're trying to say here Tony. Isn't this just like what happened with OldFan? A guy who failed to understand rational discourse and refused to admit that he could ever be wrong?

We all know what the end result there was...

But in Trea's defense, he's not an a hole about it.

Its difficult sometimes. Especially when he's been everywhere with this the last few days.

When we in society find insanity, we try to help that person. When that help isn't successful after many, many attempts, frustration sets in.

Additionally, when a person is REALLY insane, we tend to remove them from our society into a facility where they do not interact with the sane. For the benefit of everyone.

Look, I don't agree with Trea much and even when I do, I can see how his style can be annoying.

But the real truth is, if he bothers you, don't read or reply to him. If people would stop replying to him, he'll get bored now won't he?

I can't get rid of a guy if he doesn't break board rules. That's not fair. Trea gives his opinions and whether we agree with what they are or not, he's allowed to give them. I just don't understand why people get so upset at him when he's the most consistent poster on here. He never changes his opinion regardless of the facts, links, stats, or news that is contrary to his beliefs. Everyone knows this but they still try.

I may try once, but once I get the response I know I'm going to get I just ignore him from that point on. The problem is too many guys around here think they are going to give him the holy grail of information that will changes his opinions. Not going to happen.

The other thing is a lot of people look up good information to counteract his arguments. There's value in those kinds of posts.

Lastly, if a thread has 2,000 views in a day, who I am I to tell people this is not what they want?

If he starts to troll other threads that are not about his current mantra, then it becomes a problem and we've dinged him before for doing it.

In the end, it's the same group of you that bang your heads against a wall with him and yell to anyone listening how he's ruining the board for you. Meanwhile you guys have like 20 posts in the thread that you claim is being derailed by Trea.

See the irony?

I don't see how anyone could view a few rookie starts in April to be more valuable than a full season 6 years from now (when a player will be in his prime). The only exception I see is if the team is expected to contend for a ring, we clearly are not.

This is all my opinion.

I feel like he brings the level of discussion down. This is my issue. It goes to a place that isn't about baseball anymore. We (myself included) all have a part in that. I see your point about people bringing high quality stuff to refute him, but I think we would most likely do that anyway. There are enough intelligent and diverse personalities here to where discussion and discourse is never going to be an issue.

I engage him....twice a year maybe? I feel like with the amount of ridiculousness that he posts to only respond a few times is pretty good.

He also ducks posts. Its infuriating.

Again, just my opinions. It wasn't my intention to get into this but you asked. I know it isn't going to make any difference.

This is crap. Your premise suggests that it's possible to affect a change in said person. I think time has proven that is not the case. Many of his posts border on being a troll. It is Sun Board material, no HO material.

Look, I don't agree with Trea much and even when I do, I can see how his style can be annoying.

But the real truth is, if he bothers you, don't read or reply to him. If people would stop replying to him, he'll get bored now won't he?

I can't get rid of a guy if he doesn't break board rules. That's not fair. Trea gives his opinions and whether we agree with what they are or not, he's allowed to give them. I just don't understand why people get so upset at him when he's the most consistent poster on here. He never changes his opinion regardless of the facts, links, stats, or news that is contrary to his beliefs. Everyone knows this but they still try.

I may try once, but once I get the response I know I'm going to get I just ignore him from that point on. The problem is too many guys around here think they are going to give him the holy grail of information that will changes his opinions. Not going to happen.

The other thing is a lot of people look up good information to counteract his arguments. There's value in those kinds of posts.

Lastly, if a thread has 2,000 views in a day, who I am I to tell people this is not what they want?

If he starts to troll other threads that are not about his current mantra, then it becomes a problem and we've dinged him before for doing it.

In the end, it's the same group of you that bang your heads against a wall with him and yell to anyone listening how he's ruining the board for you. Meanwhile you guys have like 20 posts in the thread that you claim is being derailed by Trea.

See the irony?

Bravo... I might add that it's difficult to differentiate who needs more help here, the one who is considered to be causing the insanity, or those willing accomplices conforming to it. Simply amazing. Most of these posters I look up to and really am disappointed they either can't control themselves, or their lives are so empty that participating in this mess adds value to it.

See the irony?

Well said. I think he adds alot to the board. Agree or disagree, the fun is in the banter. If we all sat here and agreed with each other, what fun would it be? I don't know Trea from a hole in the wall, but you have to respect his dedication. We all have a crazy Uncle, that says stupid stuff at the dinner table over and over and has views that are out of this world, but don't will still invite him to Thanksgiving?

So I didn't realize, but we're actually having a debate about Britton's first FOUR starts vs an entire YEAR?!?!?!

I knew Britton had to go down to Norfolk for a while. I didn't realize it was just 20 days.... That's the difference of 3 or 4 starts!!!!

Even using Trea's logic, 2 wins is not at all worth potentially sacrificing a potentially great pitcher in his prime in a year where the pieces may finally be together. Even if the pieces aren't together... perhaps he's more valuable in a trade down the road with an extra year on the contract.

Seriously, how is this even a debate?

This is crap. Your premise suggests that it's possible to affect a change in said person. I think time has proven that is not the case. Many of his posts border on being a troll. It is Sun Board material, no HO material.

No, THIS is crap. My premise states that when someone's insanity becomes problematic for themselves and others its best to isolate the person to minimize the harm done (to themselves and others).

Obviously its hyperbole to suggest that posting and mental health issues are on the same level. But the "premise" isn't crap.

Tony invoked the insanity word. I was simply playing off of that. I'm ready to move on from this discussion because nothing is being gained at this point.

From PECOTA, Britton (4.94/1.57 WHIP) is predicted to have a higher ERA/WHIP than both Tillman (4.69/1.48) and Bergesen (4.92/1.44).

Shave a full run, A FULL RUN off of Britton's projection. In a max of 3 starts, that projects out to be....half a win tops?

Joe Sheehan wrote that the Brewers would lose about a win per month while Grienke is out. That's going from the staff ace to a AAAA starter for 6 starts. Going from an unproven but talented rookie to an unproven but talented second year player isn't even close to a full win.

Can we put this nonsense to bed once and for all now? Didn't think so.

Let me put it this way. Have you ever heard of Sheehan? PECOTA? Baseball Prospectus?

Morons.

No, THIS is crap. My premise states that when someone's insanity becomes problematic for themselves and others its best to isolate the person to minimize the harm done (to themselves and others).

Obviously its hyperbole to suggest that posting and mental health issues are on the same level. But the "premise" isn't crap.

Tony invoked the insanity word. I was simply playing off of that. I'm ready to move on from this discussion because nothing is being gained at this point.

Nothing has been gained in any of these type threads. This we can agree on.

Archived