95% Chance Gregg Blows This Save...

JDBirds10

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Please tell me who we should of gotten? JJ stunk as a closer in 2009, and for a guy with his stuff he filrts with too much trouble.

Koji should be the closer...Should have signed Rauch and/or Saito.

Both were signed for 1 year, both were signed for much less and both are better pitchers than Gregg.

I wasn't a fan of the signing and I'm not really a fan of Gregg, but I actually thought he did really well that inning. Posada swung at the first pitch and gave it a ride. It happens. Gregg threw a bunch of great pitches that inning. Most guys fold in that spot after the Granderson double. Does anyone remember the multiple homers that Koji gave up against these guys last year? These guys are just good. Two hundred and twenty million will yield good players.

Yeah but I thought we weren't tipping our caps to the other team anymore. Buck has a series of commercials about it. We had our guy in the situation we wanted and he blew it. And most of us knew he would.

I wasn't a fan of the signing and I'm not really a fan of Gregg, but I actually thought he did really well that inning. Posada swung at the first pitch and gave it a ride. It happens. Gregg threw a bunch of great pitches that inning. Most guys fold in that spot after the Granderson double. Does anyone remember the multiple homers that Koji gave up against these guys last year? These guys are just good. Two hundred and twenty million will yield good players.

I agree that he did a good job after the double...but he gave up the homer and double to begin with, so there is no patting him on the back.

Koji should be the closer...Should have signed Rauch and/or Saito.

Both were signed for 1 year, both were signed for much less and both are better pitchers than Gregg.

Why are they better? A big reason you see blown saves this time of the year is rust due to lack of work.

See, you watch how he pitched the next three guys and you see why teams keep signing him to be a closer. He can be nasty. It just doesn't seem like he's consistent enough. Interesting that SG started the Johnson thread with the same conclusion. We probably could have just used him and saved some cash.

Yeah but I thought we weren't tipping our caps to the other team anymore. Buck has a series of commercials about it. We had our guy in the situation we wanted and he blew it. And most of us knew he would.

Gregg had a solid year in this division last year. I didn't have a good feeling tonight either, we didn't tack on any runs they got a bloop hit by Tex and we got a bad break on the Pie out at home.

See, you watch how he pitched the next three guys and you see why teams keep signing him to be a closer. He can be nasty. It just doesn't seem like he's consistent enough. Interesting that SG started the Johnson thread with the same conclusion. We probably could have just used him and saved some cash.

Once again JJ couldn't close games two years ago for a team going nowhere.

Folks, can't we be just a bit rational? We're lucky this game is tied with how things have gone tonight. Tex hits an excuse me pop fly double that leads to two runs. Three different Orioles hit long shots that are caught on the dead run at the fence. A wild pitch bounces back to the catcher so hard that Pie gets thrown out at home. Face it. Nothing has gone right for us tonight and we're still battling. The Orioles have nothing to be ashamed of regardless of outcome and this game isn't over.

Really? This team was up 5-0, got into the 9th inning with a lead, only to watch our manager make an awful decision and put them on the cusp of blowing the game.

What do you want us to be rational about? Some worthless moral victory?

i wasn't a fan of the signing and i'm not really a fan of gregg, but i actually thought he did really well that inning. Posada swung at the first pitch and gave it a ride. It happens. Gregg threw a bunch of great pitches that inning. Most guys fold in that spot after the granderson double. Does anyone remember the multiple homers that koji gave up against these guys last year? These guys are just good. Two hundred and twenty million will yield good players.

qft .

Really? This team was up 5-0, got into the 9th inning with a lead, only to watch our manager make an awful decision and put them on the cusp of blowing the game.

What do you want us to be rational about? Some worthless moral victory?

Agreed. This isn't 2007 anymore. We need to start winning games against these guys at some point.

Archived