95% Chance Gregg Blows This Save...

JDBirds10

Gregg had a solid year in this division last year. I didn't have a good feeling tonight either, we didn't tack on any runs they got a bloop hit by Tex and we got a bad break on the Pie out at home.

How do you define solid? He walked a lot of batters and had an ERA pushing 4.

Yes, he K'ed a lot of guys and was durable but big deal. He is a run of the mill reliever who happened to build up the saves column and found a sucker team to drastically overpay for him.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh good Lord. You don't have to genuflect in order to acknowledge that other side is talented. Acting like giving up a run to the Yankees is a sin is just silly.

If you want to get mad at someone, get mad at Gonzalez who goes 3-0 to his first hitter and then walks him. That is awful pitching. Gregg did nothing wrong.

Sorry but I don't buy it.

$5 million to close games. It comes down to that. He can still have a good season but he blew that save with a meatball down the middle of the plate

Oh good Lord. You don't have to genuflect in order to acknowledge that other side is talented. Acting like giving up a run to the Yankees is a sin is just silly.

If you want to get mad at someone, get mad at Gonzalez who goes 3-0 to his first hitter and then walks him. That is awful pitching. Gregg did nothing wrong.

LOL...And you jump on Jtrea?

He threw a 92 MPH fastball right down the middle to a fastball hitter. That was a good pitch? Are you kidding me with this stuff?

How do you define solid? He walked a lot of batters and had an ERA pushing 4.

Yes, he K'ed a lot of guys and was durable but big deal. He is a run of the mill reliever who happened to build up the saves column and found a sucker team to drastically overpay for him.

And you like NL guys who have never done it in this division. Rauch had basically the same whip pitching in Minnesota and facing the AL Central.

No, I'm simply asking you to be rational about how this game has gone. Never mind. Get mad and stomp around instead. That'll work better. Honestly, I'm understand the frustration, but I think acting like Gregg did something wrong is an incorrect reaction. He threw a first pitch strike to his first batter in four days and he took it for a ride. It happens.

I honestly don't think Koji is a better match up against this team. I'd rather leave JJ in myself.

Sorry but your argument here is just awful.

Be rational about how the game went? Are you freaking kidding me?

We were winning the entire f'ing game and blew it with our best BP pitcher still sitting in the pen.

THis is seriously one of the worst arguments I have ever seen on this board.

And Koji is clearly a better matchup because he doesn't give up as many homers and is a strike thrower against a very patient team.

Well, I guess those are the only teams he faced, then.

The Yankees have had Rivera for 15 years. Every single game Torre or Girardi has managed they have had the advantage over the other team. Papelbon even with his recent struggles has been solid. It's not easy in this division. Rauch and Saito have bounced around also.

Sorry but your argument here is just awful.

Be rational about how the game went? Are you freaking kidding me?

We were winning the entire f'ing game and blew it with our best BP pitcher still sitting in the pen.

THis is seriously one of the worst arguments I have ever seen on this board.

And Koji is clearly a better matchup because he doesn't give up as many homers and is a strike thrower against a very patient team.

Both his blown saves came against NY last year including a walk-off HR to Swisher.

The Yankees have had Rivera for 15 years. Every single game Torre or Girardi has managed they have had the advantage over the other team. Papelbon even with his recent struggles has been solid. It's not easy in this division. Rauch and Saito have bounced around also.

And that has what to do with what I said?

And you like NL guys who have never done it in this division. Rauch had basically the same whip pitching in Minnesota and facing the AL Central.

Another horrendous argument.

Gregg isn't that good...He has been the same pitcher for years..Gives up a lot of walks, a good amount of homers, k's a good amount, throws innings and is durable. He has value but he isn't really all that good.

He isn't a reliever that distinguishes himself from most of the league. IIRC, there were well over 30 relievers, who threw at least 50 innings last year, who had a better ERA than Gregg...and that is just in the AL.

Archived