"Fans" really irk me sometimes.

Snutchy

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, I don't feel great about it when I boo. I know these are human beings out there with feelings. I know we should support our team no matter what. I know it probably doesn't help matters. But it's just so frustrating, I can't help to react like that sometimes. And I'm sure that Kevin Gregg understands that.

Honestly, I don't feel great about it when I boo. I know these are human beings out there with feelings. I know we should support our team no matter what. I know it probably doesn't help matters. But it's just so frustrating, I can't help to react like that sometimes. And I'm sure that Kevin Gregg understands that.

This. If people boo, they're just expressing their frustration. When you're a fan of the O's, you have a lot of frustration.

What about umpires? Are they human beings?

For many years I had a good friend who was a big league umpire. You wanna talk about taking abuse this guy should tell you some stories. But you know what? He didn't care. In one ear and out the other. He was a professional above all else and knows it's part of the game. Personally, I doubt Gregg cares either.

What about umpires? Are they human beings?

For many years I had a good friend who was a big league umpire. You wanna talk about taking abuse this guy should tell you some stories. But you know what? He didn't care. In one ear and out the other. He was a professional above all else and knows it's part of the game. Personally, I doubt Gregg cares either.

I would think that all professional umpires would have to have a similar attitude, or they wouldn't last long.

Ok, I know that Gregg stunk tonight. I know they finally snapped a long losing streak and we're all tired of them losing. But do you really have to boo him off the field? Where is the respect? Come on people, this is the same guy who stood up to David Ortiz. This is the same guy who trashed Boston all over MASN and ESPN.

I bet the same people who booed him tonight were the same people who booed Cal Ripken.

Don't give me crap about being tired of 13 losing seasons. We're all tired of it. But you don't disrespect your team. Wild Bill is rolling over in his grave right now. If you feel the need to boo, find another team to root for, just don't muddle the noise up at my yard.

So you like losing? The fans should boo. The fan are way way to nice to these players. The media is to nice. It's pathetic.

So you like losing? The fans should boo. The fan are way way to nice to these players. The media is to nice. It's pathetic.

Do you think you guys will win tomorrow and take 3 out of 4 from us ?

Thanks for the negative rep because I voiced my opinion. I wont return the favor to you even though you voiced your opinion.

So, because I don't boo or like to boo that means I like losing? Explain how that makes any sense. No where in my post did I say I liked it when they lost. In fact, I said I was tired of them losing. I guess I'm the lucky one who got to feed the trolls today.

Thanks for the negative rep because I voiced my opinion. I wont return the favor to you even though you voiced your opinion.

So, because I don't boo or like to boo that means I like losing? Explain how that makes any sense. No where in my post did I say I liked it when they lost. In fact, I said I was tired of them losing. I guess I'm the lucky one who got to feed the trolls today.

Get with the program. This is his idea of being "cute."

6 up . 6 down. 4 pop ups. 1 flailing k and weak ground out to first .... Lets go perfect game .. LETS GO Cleveland ! That did it. I am not going to root for whatever team is playing the O's I am going to cheer for a winner. Heck a 9 year old tee-ball team can beet these losers.
4-0 Good guys ! Go Indians !
WOOO ! 7-2 Good guys.. Go Tribe !

If the worst thing about Gregg's life is that he (and all MLB players for that matter) has to listen to thousands of strangers boo on occasion, and in exchange he (and his family) receives a lifetime of financial security (bordering on, if not surpassing, "lavish wealth"), then he's got a pretty good life.

The guy is a human being with feelings...who gets paid millions of dollars to play a game. And in a few years he can retire with his millions to live in relative anonymity while most of the rest of us stick it out in the real world.

Moral of the story: BOOOO...

Speaking of fans, there were a ton of Cleveland fans at the game tonight.

World gets around the league about Baltimore being a good road trip. Friendly toward visiting fans, great food and attractions, and a team that will find ways to lose. I hope I live long enough for us to turn around the "finding ways to lose part".

Speaking of fans, there were a ton of Cleveland fans at the game tonight.

A fair amount on Thursday night too.

Is it just me or there a lot more out-of-towners (specifically not countign BOS/NYY) that are coming to OPACY?

Archived