Blue Jays .......... Accusations of Sign-Stealing

OFFNY

I dismissed Joe Girardi's complaint as sour grapes, but this article is pretty convincing, there have been other rumors of this with the Jays before, and I'm starting to believe it. Where there's smoke, etc. How do you explain this?

A few of the players in the bullpen turned their backs to the field to fixate on the man in white, while others watched the stadium's radar gun. As soon as each pitch was thrown, those watching the man would call out what they thought he was signaling, and those focused on the radar gun would confirm his signal. Sure enough, the man in white was raising his arms above his head before every off-speed pitch and doing nothing when the pitch being called was a fastball.

The article goes on to say that the man was later found to be in the only spot where he could be seen while looking at the pitcher. And when the unidentified team called the Jays out, the guy disappeared. I would hope MLB at least looks into this.

Why would the guy be waving his arms above his head ? Wouldn't that be a little obvious? Have the Jays never heard of bluetooth ?

I'm not saying it's not true, I just don't buy this.

Perhaps not. Like I said, I hope that if nothing else, it was an entertaining read. :)

Archived