The New Uniform Unveiling (August 22nd, 7:30 pm, terpstv)

Danielos38

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
November 14, 2011

Person 1: How about those helmets Maryland wore against Notre Dame?

Person 2: Yeah, those were pretty cool.

Person 1: Agreed! Did you watch the game Saturday night?

Person 2: The first half. But once ND was up by 22 I turned it off.

Person 1: Ha. I didn't even make it out of the first quarter. The Irish were ROLLING. Plus, The Breakup was on TBS. Love that movie.

- SCENE -

Notre Dame is my second favorite college football team but I don't see this game being a complete blow out. Notre Dame will win but it won't be an embarrassment for Maryland.

Notre Dame is my second favorite college football team but I don't see this game being a complete blow out. Notre Dame will win but it won't be an embarrassment for Maryland.

I was just having some fun. I always enjoy when we alma mater plays my hometown teams (Navy/UMD).

Although, I do think that the idea that MD's helmets will get them credit with recruits is a funny notion. More likely, national television exposure courtesy of ND will put the Terps in front of a lot of eyes that otherwise wouldn't be watching them.

Love the turtle-shell helmets. Like the various red-black-white combos to various degrees. Despise the yellows. My opinion on the black helmets is incomplete because the helmets are incomplete.

If I'm a recruit, I'm paying less attention to the uniforms and more to Edsall. He takes the names off of the jerseys, then days later when the new ones come out his first statement is the Under Armor slogan? What the hell kind of hypocrite is this guy? I realize he was probably bought with UA money, but he doesn't need Plank's hand up his rear end all the time.

I guess now we can afford better players though, so...:noidea:

Love the turtle-shell helmets. Like the various red-black-white combos to various degrees. Despise the yellows. My opinion on the black helmets is incomplete because the helmets are incomplete.

If I'm a recruit, I'm paying less attention to the uniforms and more to Edsall. He takes the names off of the jerseys, then days later when the new ones come out his first statement is the Under Armor slogan? What the hell kind of hypocrite is this guy? I realize he was probably bought with UA money, but he doesn't need Plank's hand up his rear end all the time.

I guess now we can afford better players though, so...:noidea:

I know I shouldn't, but for the past few months when reading about Terps football, I have occasionally asked myself "WWMLD" (What Would Mike Leach Do)? I know he already had a relationship with Under Armour at Texas Tech, but he doesn't seem like the sort who would be a corporate butt-kisser either. I wonder what he would even think of these unis? Since the bandanna is standard pirate issue, I'm sure there wouldn't be a "no do-rag rule" in the team house. Guess I just need to let that pirate ship sail.

I know I shouldn't' date=' but for the past few months when reading about Terps football, I have occasionally asked myself "WWMLD" (What Would Mike Leach Do)? I know he already had a relationship with Under Armour at Texas Tech, but he doesn't seem like the sort who would be a corporate butt-kisser either. I wonder what he would even think of these unis? Since the bandanna is standard pirate issue, I'm sure there wouldn't be a "no do-rag rule" in the team house. Guess I just need to let that pirate ship sail.[/quote']

Considering Texas Tech wasn't exactly known for their classically simple uniforms during his tenure, I doubt he would have done anything differently from that end. He probably wouldn't have taken the names off, and I seriously doubt he would have said what Edsall did, though.

(Of course, he probably would have gone with "YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRR!" or something...)

I don't care for the new uniforms at all, I think they look stupid. It looks like were tryin to be Oregon east coast version, not a fan of the change

Minus having the NCAA sniffing around the program, what's wrong with being the east coast version of Oregon? Is playing an exciting brand of football and going to BCS bowls not your thing?

Archived