• Phillies
    • Rays
    • Rangers
    • Tigers
    • Yankees

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Rays are just an impossible team to hate for me. Losers for 10 years until they finally put it together and are winning the right way in the same division as the hated Red Sox and Yankees who are the polar opposites of the Rays. It gives me more hope that we can put together a playoff caliber team in this division. I just don't know how you can hate that.

I respect what they have built, but I just can't stand the team. Upton, Maddon, Longoria, and you can add in Hellickson too. There's just something about these guys that just annoys the hell out of me. I still hate the Blue Jays more, though, so they have that going for them.

I guess seeing what the Red Sox and their fans turned into after 2004 has made it impossible for me to ever root for a team in our division again.

My grandfather is a Brewers fan and I kind of like the Cardinals, and after last night I want the Rays to win, so I guess those would be 1-3. Tigers and D'Backs are cool too, and nothing really against the Phillies or the Rangers.

Brewers would probably make me the happiest though, just for how happy it would make my grandfather to have a WS and Super Bowl in the same year.

I respect what they have built, but I just can't stand the team. Upton, Maddon, Longoria, and you can add in Hellickson too. There's just something about these guys that just annoys the hell out of me. I still hate the Blue Jays more, though, so they have that going for them.

I guess seeing what the Red Sox and their fans turned into after 2004 has made it impossible for me to ever root for a team in our division again.

I understand what you're saying but I don't think it would be nearly as bad if the Rays won it all simply because the Red Sox' fan base is so much larger than that of the Rays.

Tigers. I love both Miggy and Verlander.

As much as I wanted the Rays to overtake Boston these last few weeks, I really don't want to see them win any more than I want the Yankees. They are the enemy in our own division. Personally I'm hoping for a Rangers/Tigers ALCS. But of course... the Yankees losing is the top priority of this post season (as it is every October).

I really do not understand all the love for the Rays. I hate them and the Blue Jays. Mind you, they're nowhere near the level of the Red Sox and Yankees, but I still can't stand them. Do you really want to see the Rays turn into the Sox post-2004?

I don't get it either, but for different reasons.

If it weren't for our team having the pleasure of eliminating Boston, I'd ALMOST prefer that they get in over the Rays.

It makes me sick that such a horrible fan base has such a young, talented team. It just doesn't seem right.

I'm rooting for a Brewers-Tigers series.

In order of preference.

Brewers

Tigers

Diamondbacks

Rangers

Cardinals

Phillies

Rays

Yankees

Archived