MacPhail Coming Back?

brotherlo38

I would absolutely hate this move and hope that this isn't what happens, on the other hand I wouldn't mind it simply to see how JTrea would handle the news.

He said that he'll stop following the O's and cease to be a fan of the team if MacPhail was still our GM in 2012. He said that it's him or McPhail.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Contraction? Really? That's what you jump to?

The best option is Angelos selling the team.

Which may never happen for years and years...

I'm beginning to wonder if contraction and being forced to find a new team would be better for everybody than being loyal to this one and watching it continuously lose.

Then as some suggested, Baltimore could get a relocated team a few years down the road.

In the meantime they could go back to being a AAA franchise like they were before the Browns came to town...

He said that he'll stop following the O's and cease to be a fan of the team if MacPhail was still our GM in 2012. He said that it's him or McPhail.

Probably an empty threat, IMO.

As for me, I am more interested in what the team does this winter, than which GM does it. I think MacPhail had a pretty good year from Oct. 2010 until the August 2011 trade deadline, despite some mistakes.

And the fanbase. People are so beaten down that they think there is no hope.

If that's the case contraction may truly be the best option...

I agree it is sad...But that "no hope" has been created by Angelos, not AM.

You want to blame AM for everything(and trust me, I am with you on the idea that he isn't any good) but PA is the clear, no doubt about it #1 issue and until he leaves, the Orioles will have to get very lucky to have a shot at contending.

As for me, I am more interested in what the team does this winter, than which GM does it. I think MacPhail had a pretty good year from Oct. 2010 until the August 2011 trade deadline, despite some mistakes.

He brought in some nice pieces but really did nothing to help the long term future of the team.

I don't know how that can be characterized as a "pretty good year".

But, again, PA is pulling the strings, so who the hell really knows.

Nope it's not empty. If MacPhail comes back as GM I won't follow this team. You don't invite back one the worst GMs in franchise history in terms of results on the field if you truly care about winning.

And if the Orioles don't care about winning, I'm sick of caring about them.

They don't deserve my support.

Nope it's not empty. If MacPhail comes back as GM I won't follow this team. You don't invite back one the worst GMs in franchise history in terms of results on the field if you truly care about winning.

Ok..say you stop following and then, AM signs Fielder(I agree this isn't like, this is just a hypothetical)...What do you do then?

Nope it's not empty. If MacPhail comes back as GM, I won't follow this team. You don't invite back one the worst GMs in franchise history in terms of results on the field if you truly care about winning.

They don't deserve my support.

Thank you. Now I don't have to scrounge around the threads to see where you said it previously.

Ok..say you stop following and then, AM signs Fielder(I agree this isn't like, this is just a hypothetical)...What do you do then?

Fielder isn't enough. It would have to be the best offseason in franchise history to get me to come back. Otherwise I'm doing something more enjoyable and productive with my life.

Which may never happen for years and years...

I'm beginning to wonder if contraction and being forced to find a new team would be better for everybody than being loyal to this one and watching it continuously lose.

Then as some suggested, Baltimore could get a relocated team a few years down the road.

In the meantime they could go back to being a AAA franchise like they were before the Browns came to town...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_32MtyFruXFwJcoTju0Z4EZMgJ-pNkJeXRK-5-Xeb2bWEEjI4Mg

Archived