Are you considering voting with your feet?

Frobby

I've had a share of a season ticket plan since OPACY first opened. By now, they are really good seats, only 13 rows directly behind 1B. And I've hesitated to give them up because if the team was ever good again, it would be hard to get seats that good.

But I think I've about had it. I think this has reached the point where I need to send Peter Angelos a message in the only way that means anything.

Anyone else mulling this over?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup. The only game I might go to is Opening Day, because that's the only tiny glimmer of hope left in terms of how great OPACY is when its packed with O's fans. I may catch a Hangout Night here and there, if Tony even decides to do that next year. Outside of that, I'm not going. It's a shame.

I've had a partial plan (29 game, then 13 game plan this year) since 2008 and although I've really enjoyed it overall for 4 years I don't think I can justify renewing at this point.

They are gonna have to have some kind of offseason......and with no GM that's a step in the wrong direction.

C'mon Frobby, everyone knows you won't stay away. I voted "with my feet" this season, failing to attend a game for only the second season out of twenty since OPACY opened.

BTW, Angelos hasn't already been sent a message with attendance lest than half of what it was in 1997?

This was the first year I didn't fly up to go to games. I just did MLB package and Spring Training. At this point it's going to take Fielder and Darvish in O's uniforms to get me to put my money into coming up. In fact it's not even worth the MLB package to me at this point. I can just come on here and read about how pathetic we are. No point in wastin my time watching the games.

When my son was born this year my wife and I decorated the room in Ravens and O's gear and my mother said, regarding the O's stuff, why do you want to set your son (Jameson) up to root for losers like that.

After seeing us bumble this GM debacle she keeps looking more and more right.

I've had a partial plan (29 game, then 13 game plan this year) since 2008 and although I've really enjoyed it overall for 4 years I don't think I can justify renewing at this point.

I figure it this way: with the current state of the team, you can always get ticket to any game you want, either by buying on Stubhub (which puts no money in Peter's pocket) or just buying a ticket on game day or shortly before. Why commit my money to this organization and let them feel like their actions (lack of action) have no consequences? I'm sure I would still go to some games, but I'd rather do it without giving my money to Peter.

You know what I think would be great? If they held Fanfest and nobody showed up. That would send a pretty clear message.

I figure it this way: with the current state of the team, you can always get ticket to any game you want, either by buying on Stubhub (which puts no money in Peter's pocket) or just buying a ticket on game day or shortly before. Why commit my money to this organization and let them feel like their actions (lack of action) have no consequences? I'm sure I would still go to some games, but I'd rather do it without giving my money to Peter.

You know what I think would be great? If they held Fanfest and nobody showed up. That would send a pretty clear message.

Someone else put money in Pete's pocket before they put their tickets on Stubhub.

C'mon Frobby, everyone knows you won't stay away. I voted "with my feet" this season, failing to attend a game for only the second season out of twenty since OPACY opened.

BTW, Angelos hasn't already been sent a message with attendance lest than half of what it was in 1997?

That's the thing...me not going to a game has NO impact on Peter Angelos. Me not going to a game effects only one person, ME (unless you include my wife and girls). As much as Angelos bothers me, and as frustrated as this team makes me, and as PISSED as I am at this very moment and at many moments during the season, the fact remains I love baseball, and I love the Baltimore Orioles, and not going to games or not watching on TV hurts only me!

I've had a share of a season ticket plan since OPACY first opened. By now, they are really good seats, only 13 rows directly behind 1B. And I've hesitated to give them up because if the team was ever good again, it would be hard to get seats that good.

But I think I've about had it. I think this has reached the point where I need to send Peter Angelos a message in the only way that means anything.

My apologies, but I don't think you can send a message to Peter. And no, I won't be leaving the fold.

This is like saying "I've debated selling my house in Death Valley, but I'm afraid the real estate market is going to pick-up"

It's going to be a while before those seats are in demand again. I think you could give them up for a few years and buy them back up in about 2015 without much competition. You can still go to games, but why be committed to what games you have go to. The seats are there for the taking whenever you want. Hell, you could pay for upper reserves and still sit 13 rows behind 1B.

Giving up "the plan" would send a message... a message that would fall on deaf ears... but I'm still not sure that justifies the need to buy the plan.

Someone else put money in Pete's pocket before they put their tickets on Stubhub.

Yeah, but I can't help that. That money is in Peter's pocket whether I buy them or not.

I enjoy going to OPACY too much to give it up completely.

Archived