Would you sign Fielder to a 6/140 contract?

Sports Guy

6/140 for Prince?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. 6/140 for Prince?

• Yes, I would be happy with that deal
    • No, that's too much for him
    • On the fence...Its not awful but I don't love it either

And I think we wind up going after Aramis Ramirez for 3B. Which, for what I see him getting, I'd rather go all in for Fielder, then to sign Ramirez to a 5 or 6 year deal.

If it was Ramirez or Fielder on a 5 year deal, give me Fielder. If it was Ramirez on a 2-3 year deal or Fielder on a 5-6 year deal, give me Aramis.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Prince is about as young as possible for a marquee free agent. Age is not a big concern for me. And weight is only a small one.

There's nothing small about that concern (multi-layered pun?).

Still, I'd be fine with that contract (that another, better team is certain to top (echo)).

My answer is completely predicated on the idea that we're going to have a major-league payroll of X. I'd rather spend an extra (ridiculously high amount of) 23M a year on overslots and international prospects, but I don't think that's how the money works. But I'm happy to add Prince to some hypothetical 80-100M payroll at that contract.

And I think we wind up going after Aramis Ramirez for 3B. Which, for what I see him getting, I'd rather go all in for Fielder, then to sign Ramirez to a 5 or 6 year deal. Wouldn't really be shocked to see the Cubs 2011 corners on our OD roster really.

1. Hardy SS

2. Markakis RF

3. Jones CF

4. Ramirez 3B

5. Pena 1B

6. Reynolds DH

7. Wieters C

8. Reimold/Davis LF

9. Andino 2B

Signing Pena would be another stupid typical O's like move.

Archived