Per Roch: Bench depth being addressed...

BilboBaggins

http://www.masnsports.com/school_of_roch/2011/11/orioles-getting-closer-to-adding-bench-help.html

Duquette continued to meet with clubs and agents today, and he'll remain busy through the night. He's hoping to sign a few free agents by early next week "to fill out our bench."

Asked specifically about the type of reserves he's targeting, Duquette said, "Infield help and backup catcher."

The GM meetings conclude tomorrow morning.

Good news. Wonder who these players are?

And, incredibly important...

Also, Duquette has started the process of hiring a new scouting director, which he expects to have done by the start of the winter meetings on Dec. 5. He also wants to complete "other personnel assignments in the organization" by that date.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also, Duquette has started the process of hiring a new scouting director, which he expects to have done by the start of the winter meetings on Dec. 5. He also wants to complete "other personnel assignments in the organization" by that date.

Glad to see things are moving along.

No I assume you wouldn't get excited about getting the same pair of socks for Christmas every year either.

I actually don't mind socks for Christmas. Funny things happen when you get older. I like cole slaw and I don't mind getting socks for Christmas. Doumit and Punto not so much...

Right, a back up C who can't catch.

He has started 400+ games at C, and was Pittsburgh's principal backstop in 2008 and 2010. My guess is that we could tolerate his defensive deficiencies in a back-up role, so long as he puts up a .700+ OPS.

Archived