Per Roch: Orioles interested in Cuban outfielder Yoenis Cespedes

Nick The Stick

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not a good reason but that video makes me a little leery of Cespedes (I hope our scouts like him and think he's worth the $$$ and get him tho...) It's slick and highly produced. Doesn't show anything of substance, just a commercial. It looks like something Boras would come up with.

It's not a good reason but that video makes me a little leery of Cespedes (I hope our scouts like him and think he's worth the $$$ and get him tho...) It's slick and highly produced. Doesn't show anything of substance, just a commercial. It looks like something Boras would come up with.

It looks like something anyone could make in Windows movie maker.

I can guarantee you Boras would come up with something that was better than that.

With a noodle for an arm, yeah. But power and speed otherwise. And a price tag the Post says could be ~$35m.

International scout in my org gave him a 60 arm. While there can be differences in opinion, I doubt "noodle" is accurate -- no way this evaluator is two grades off. I've seen Cespedes a couple of times and thought, from my limited view, his arm could play in right field.

Agreed..just trying to figure out the train of thought.

I am truly intrigued by what we could get for Jones right now. If we could somehow sign Cespedes and deal Jones for some pitching, I'd be pretty OK with it, regardless if Cespedes is just an OK acquisition.

I am truly intrigued by what we could get for Jones right now. If we could somehow sign Cespedes and deal Jones for some pitching, I'd be pretty OK with it, regardless if Cespedes is just an OK acquisition.

DD has said more than once that he's looking to add on OFer. Unless he adds more than one, I don't see how the signing of one OFer could be seen as a signal that DD might be looking to trade Jones.

Archived