Do you approve of DD's first trade?

ChaosLex

Do you approve of DD's first trade?  

183 members have voted

1. 1. Do you approve of DD's first trade?

Wait a minute...You said its a move that will have no impact on our future...Neither were those moves.

Who cares that the money was spent. Its not like it was going to go to amateur signings or something intelligent.

It was either pissed away on a reliever or Vlad or whoever or going in PAs pocket.

So, if those moves have no discernable outcome to the future, why not have a who cares, this is a waste of time to discuss mentality?

Sorry but that's a total bs argument by you.

I'm losing track here... are we supposed to nitpick deals for low-level, cheap players, or completely ignore long-term extensions for 34-year-olds? Maybe you should just let us know the right opinion at the start of each thread so I know how to post...

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm losing track here... are we supposed to nitpick deals for low-level, cheap players, or completely ignore long-term extensions for 34-year-olds? Maybe you should just let us know the right opinion at the start of each thread so I know how to post...

You can do what you want but to say I shouldn't be discussing this or that this isn't a big deal makes you a hypocrite.

You have complained often about poor uses of resources over the years.

This is another example of that.

You want to pick and choose what YOU want to discuss and discount what someone else wants to discuss. That's bs.

You have p[roven many times on this site that this statement is very accurate.

Please you have to be an absolute idiot to complain about getting a decent backup catcher for an also ran relief pitcher. So sorry we cant all live up to your great and immense intellect. Whats deliciously ironic is really the only person on here showing just how clueless they actually are is you. Tell you what why don't you go back under your rock and come up with an argument that makes sense then come back and talk with the big boys. Oh yea learn how to type while your at it (p[roven) .

You can do what you want but to say I shouldn't be discussing this makes you a hypocrite.

You want to pick and choose what YOU want to discuss and discount what someone else wants to discuss. That's bs.

He's not, really, I don't think. He's saying that rhetoric and import allocated to an issue should have some relationship with the actual real-world value/importance of the transaction.

It lacks context, it ignores the magnitude of the deal. Your arguments are fine, they aren't inconsistent, they make sense. But who cares? They traded the 700th-best prospect in baseball for a halfway decent backup catcher. This has no discernable impact on the Orioles future.

Please you have to be an absolute idiot to complain about getting a decent backup catcher for a also ran relief pitcher. So sorry we cant all live up to your great and immense intellect. Whats deliciously ironic is really the only person on here showing just how clueless they actually are is you. Tell you what why don't you go back under your rock and come up with an argument that makes sense then come back and talk with the big boys. Oh yea learn how to type while your at it (p[roven) .

Is this english? I think my 4 year old niece writes better than this. Tell you, when you learn how to communicate and learn about baseball, then come back to me.

You can do what you want but to say I shouldn't be discussing this or that this isn't a big deal makes you a hypocrite.

Tell you what instead of dictating that we all just agree with you, why don't you actually put forth some cogent argument why it is a waste of resources. Geez I did not realize that the 18th best prospect that nobody ever heard of and plays in single A was more valuable to the Orioles than a back up catcher who can actually play. Silly me

You have p[roven many times on this site that this statement is very accurate.
Please you have to be an absolute idiot to complain about getting a decent backup catcher for a also ran relief pitcher. So sorry we cant all live up to your great and immense intellect. Whats deliciously ironic is really the only person on here showing just how clueless they actually are is you. Tell you what why don't you go back under your rock and come up with an argument that makes sense then come back and talk with the big boys. Oh yea learn how to type while your at it (p[roven) .
Is this english? I think my 4 year old niece writes better than this. Tell you, when you learn how to communicate and learn about baseball, then come back to me.

Insulting each others' intelligence doesn't reflect well on either of you, or your arguments. Try harder. ;)

Insulting each others' intelligence doesn't reflect well on either of you, or your arguments. Try harder. ;)

Bottom line is that he made it a point to highlight the words "beyond me" as insult instead of talking about the points in the post. It was a deliberate attempt to insult my intelligence. I hold a masters, have a great career and unlike Mr Self Important was expressing my opinion that most share that it was a good deal. Insults are what people do when they hold opinions not based in reality or fact. My guess is that he would be the first person ripping the organization if they trotted out Tatum or a Tatum like back up next season and Weiters went down for an extended period of time. Whatever not wasting my time on it anymore.

Sure. He cost $5m and provided negative MLB value. Now, make the rest of your point?

In this case, we probably save a few million and gain some small sliver of MLB value.

So, you got my answer. Build your argument.

We weren't going to do anything with that 5M anyway...So, how did it impact the future of the club?

Archived