• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They were talking about that very thing on MLB network the other day and I have to agree. If NL teams get scared off by the back-end of that contract that only leaves the Jays, us and maybe the Angels in play for him.

Isn't Seattle still in the AL?

Seattle and Texas as well.

You're right but I honestly have a tough time seeing either.

I think Texas views Fielder as a luxury and they will spend their money locking up Hamilton long-term. Seattle is interesting, but if I'm Fielder I worry what the cavernous stadium will do to my numbers like it has done to virtually every other power-hitter in the game.

Of course if the M's pony up the dough I will deal with it.

Well, they were prepared to pay Tex that.

I personally would be shocked if PA would allow a contract of that length for Fielder.

I hope that Buck and DD already know how much PA will allow them to go and that this isn't a feet dragging situation.

So, I think 6 years is the max, with 5 being more likely.

Maybe 6/140 at the absolutely max?(that is actually the most I would want to see them go)

I don't know, they had the money to pay Tex, and I they haven't used it yet, with 16 million coming off the books form Vlad and DLee (8 million a piece) so I think that PA could make a push for DD to sign Fielder to a 7/140..just speculation though.

Via Twitter:

masnRoch Roch Kubatko

Dan Duquette told MASN that #orioles are interested in Fielder, but doesn't want to get the fans' hopes up. Jerseys not on sale yet.

I'm interested in a 2012 GMC Sierra 2500HD Denali, too, but I'm not willing to spend the money.

To quote Tony Pente..."Actions speak louder than words." The O's front office has said one thing and done another far too often for this comment to make me think Prince Fielder considers the Orioles anything other than "those guys that get their teeth kicked in by the Yankees and Red Sox every year."

The Nats are out of it, and have better interests in a SP and CF'er.

The Blue Jays and AA have reported that they aren't giving more than 5 years to a player this offseason.

The Cubs could be interested, but they seem to be re building.

The Brewers, still remain a possibility

The Mariners as well

And the Orioles remain suitors, I see the Orioles as a darkhorse. DD has done a great job at keeping his cards close to him...We've seen that he isn't scared of a LT deal to a perennial all star, PA has the money (we offered Tex 7/140) and Buck has been known to have said that he wants a MOO. Don't count the Orioles out.

Archived