Heyman: O's could sign Crisp soon (Update: Crisp signs with A's)

Greg

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It has to be JJ plus two of Minor, Beachy, Dlegado, and Vizcaino. Teheran is most likely off limits, and if Prado isn't involved, JJ and another SP prospect isn't enough IMO. Personally I's settle for JJ, Prado, and one of Beachy, Minor.

Yup, they say that Vizcaino has a injury issue and will likely be a reliever in the future. Teheran is legit and he would off limits for me too. I think the Braves value the guys they have so I doubt that Beachy is in the deal. I think the deal could be JJ, Delgado/Minor and Simmons/Salcedo. That is a ton for the Braves to give up IMO.

Yup, but it better be JJ, Delgado/Minor/Teahran/Beechy and another prospect. Maybe we get Prado and put him in LF and than move Reimold and Matusz for Floyd. Could you imagine the team adding JJ, Floyd and Chen to the rotation with Guthrie, Britton and depth in guys like Eveland and Wada who could slide to the pen if needed? If we did this than would it make Baltimore more appealing to Fielder?
Wada is a lock for the rotation, that's why he signed with us. I expect the same is true for Eveland. So if we trade for JJ, plus Prado, and a MiL prospect, that prospect is destined for Norfolk. Along with Matusz. The rotation figures to be

Guthrie

JJ

Britton

Wada

Eveland

Hunter(pen)

Simon(pen)

If the Jones trade goes through, forget about Floyd.

That is the million dollar question I suppose. You have any ideas? :)

I do not think that Guthrie gets traded. I think that Matusz plus might be traded for Floyd and the Orioles would then stop the pursuit of Chen and Jackson.

JJ

Floyd

Guthrie

Britton

Arrieta/Wada/Eveland

Let's think, we could actually trade Jones AND Reimold.

Jones to ATL for Jurrjens, Beachy, and Delgado

Reimold and Tillman to ChiSox for Floyd

Crisp is signed.

Cespedes is signed.

Fielder is signed.

Edwin Jackson is signed for 4/44

Additions: Jurrjens, Beachy, Delgado, Floyd, Crisp, Cespedes, Fielder, and Jackson (or Chen).

SP:

Jurrjens

Beachy

Delgado

Floyd

Guthrie

Britton

Matusz

Hunter

Arrieta

Bergesen

Eveland

Wada

Chen

Crisp plays CF, or LF whichever Cespedes doesn't play.

I do not think that Guthrie gets traded. I think that Matusz plus might be traded for Floyd and the Orioles would then stop the pursuit of Chen and Jackson.

JJ

Floyd

Guthrie

Britton

Arrieta/Wada/Eveland

I do love the look at the rotation but I just can't find it in me to give up on Matusz.

Wada is a lock for the rotation, that's why he signed with us. I expect the same is true for Eveland. So if we trade for JJ, plus Prado, and a MiL prospect, that prospect is destined for Norfolk. Along with Matusz. The rotation figures to be

Guthrie

JJ

Britton

Wada

Eveland

Hunter(pen)

Simon(pen)

Eveland is no where near a lock imo to even make the roster out of spring training.

Guthrie

JJ

Britton

Wada

Eveland

Hunter(pen)

Simon(pen)

It is going to take Matusz to net Floyd IMO and that is a deal that we should make IMO. Eveland or Wada are not guaranteed a spot. They are given a chance to earn it verses being designated for the pen from jump street IMO. Hunter could easily be a better #5 starter considering Arrieta's ability to go to the pen as a quality reliever. I do not see what dealing Jones has to do with Floyd. Matusz has more to do with Floyd IMO and adding pitching makes it easier to deal a guy like Matusz IMO.

I do love the look at the rotation but I just can't find it in me to give up on Matusz.

Matusz was a #2 at his best and a lot of folks said he would be a good #3 with the ability to travel through the system quickly. If Matusz gets us Floyd who is a quality #3 now and from the area (could easily extend at a team friendly deal) than Floyd still makes sense IMO.

Archived