The Orioles acquired outfielder Jai Miller from the Athletics

Greg

I find it very hard to believe that a player who was adequate at catcher would be moved to 1st/3rd on the basis of organizational needs when he was at A ball.

Yeah, he had a fairly serious shoulder injury as I recall. I believe there was some recent talk of making him a third string catcher along with a utility type role though.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But why can't the plan be for Miller to come in here and try to make the 25-man WITH Jones. I mean we have room. I don't think Scott is coming back. I think Reimold would be a good DH option who could also play LF and even 1B if necessary.

Thats all I'm saying, if he is good enough to complete for a 25-man spot without Jones here, why can't that be the case WITH Jones and Miller moving into LF?

I don't disagree with anything you are saying, but I'm just throwing out another option. He is good enough to compete to potentially replace Jones in CF why can't he be good enough to potentially replace a vacancy we have?

I think you are one of the few left, who still see LF as a "vacancy". It appears to be Reimold's position in my humble opinion and justifiably so. (Again, if he can't become this season, what he has shown in past streaks, he is done.)

But why can't the plan be for Miller to come in here and try to make the 25-man WITH Jones. I mean we have room. I don't think Scott is coming back. I think Reimold would be a good DH option who could also play LF and even 1B if necessary.

Thats all I'm saying, if he is good enough to complete for a 25-man spot without Jones here, why can't that be the case WITH Jones and Miller moving into LF?

I don't disagree with anything you are saying, but I'm just throwing out another option. He is good enough to compete to potentially replace Jones in CF why can't he be good enough to potentially replace a vacancy we have?

I would like to see what is being offered for Jones if a trade could be made. Heyward and Jones in Atlanta would be something to watch. And I agree with Miller making the 25 man with Jones. When I first heard of this pickup I was thinking Miller to replace Luke Scott anyway.

Miller seems like a decent depth pick, but that's a lot of miss in a minor league season. Very few guys can overcome that much miss in their swing and then find success in the major leagues. He's worth exchanging Snyder for on the 40-man since we have more depth at 1B, but I think he's going to have to continue to be a late bloomer to have much success in the major leagues.

Well there goes the theory that it was a minor league pick-up. Geez does it get any worse than this? I can't believe how awful DD has been so far.

I never heard anyone theorize this. If you read what Duquette said, that was certainly not even mentioned.

Archived