Update on Jones to the Braves for Jurrjens, Prado, Plus

Roll Tide

Thank you! It's about time someone else said this. Jurrjens should not be the centerpiece of any deal involving Jones. Why do you think that the Braves are offering Jurrjens in the first place? Because they know that he is the least likely to get much better than he already is. They have the likes of Hanson, Beachy, Minor, Teheran, Delgado, etc. and there is a reason that they are hesitant with including those guys in any trade. This really irks me. Adam Jones is a very good, young CF with plenty of upside and the Braves are basically dictating what they want to give us for him. It should be the other way around. We should be telling the Braves who we want (without being ridiculous of course) and if they aren't willing to inlcude some of their better prospects, then oh well...time to move on. You know the saying...in order to get something good, you have to giveup something good in return and we would be foolish to settle for Jurrjens. In my opinion, Jurrjens is only marginally better than Guthrie. He doesn't strikeout a lot of batters and I just don't see him as the ace of a staff. I really pray that DD understands this because I for one, would be extremely ticked if we traded a young, top 10 CF (I think that is fair to say) in the game and we get back Jurrjens and a marginal prospect or two.

Because he's getting expensive ...Their lineup stinks...They have depth.... I think DD is definately interested in Jurrjens...Seems he's going to pass on Prado by the rumors.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For those that don't think much of JJ, my question is who would you prefer not counting price; JJ, Jackson, Floyd, Saunders or Maholm?It seems to me if healthy he should be at least as good as the other 4.

FA's only cost money. That's the only real difference.

And a draft pick right?

Also Free agents costs money that Angelos doesnt want to spend.

I didn't notice Floyd in that group (not relevant, but my bad).

I don't think any of those guys would cost draft picks. How are type-B's treated under the new agreement? (Jackson's the only one that qualifies)

Because he's getting expensive ...Their lineup stinks...They have depth.... I think DD is definately interested in Jurrjens...Seems he's going to pass on Prado by the rumors.

Really? The MASN comments with DD said that he isnt sure that the 2B next year is on our current roster, and that he wants to raise the OBP. This means he could very well be targeting Prado....

Given that we have Roberts, Andino, Antonelli, and Flaherty on the roster to play second base... would a Jones + Andino trade to the Braves make sense? They can start Andino at shortstop instead of Pastornicky. Andino actually has more MLB innings at SS than 2B. At least then the Braves would be more apt to give Jurjjens plus 2 pretty good prospects.

FA's only cost money. That's the only real difference.
Yes but if the O's don't get JJ they won't be getting Jackson not for 5/60M anyway, and that leaves Floyd, Saunders and Maholm. Floyd will cost Reimold plus IMO. So i think we end up with Sunders or Maholm, and for no more than 2 years. I'd rather have JJ for 2years than those two. And of courde I am not getting just JJ, I am getting another good SP prospect as well, plus a good 3B.

Maybe they are trying to get Bourn in a trade. The O's need a leadoff hitter and a CF for when Jones gets traded...if he does. He hit at a .350 OBP clip and hit .297, has speed (stole 61 bases), and thats good. Only downfall is that he is a FA after next year. I'd rather take a young pitcher than Bourn.

Bourn is only 29, and has plus defense. The only thing he lacks is SLG, which we can get from other positions.

Look, Adam Jones is a great bat to have, and a good clubhouse guy, but at the end of the day, he deserves to play for a winner, and we deserve to get some pitching to compliment our team.

We won't win without pitching, and we have a legit shot to get some TOR starters for Jones who are younger than 26. (Jurrjens, Minor/Delgado,Beachy).

From a fan stand point, I don't want to lose Adam, who would? He is hilarious, strong willed, and a hard worker. Again, we need pitching, and I think we can find someone to pick up the slack that we would lose by trading Adam.

Another thing to keep in mind is that Jones Prado and JJ all figure to get between 5-6M in arb this year. So in trading Jones for those two, we are taking on 5-6 M in salary as well as giving up Jones. We ought to be getting something back for that.

Archived