Luke Scott Appreciation Thread

ChaosLex

Recounting some of Luke's homerun blasts via ESPN's homerun tracker.

In 2010 at OP@CY:

In 2009 at OP@CY:

In 2008 at OP@CY:

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let's hope Brian Roberts gets healthy so he can DH.

I've been trying to figure out a way to recreate the stupdity of the '89-'90 Mariners in Baltimore. Having a popular team captain also pull double duty as a sub-replacement DH like Jeffrey Leonard is a good place to start. Now if we could convince Roberts to do the one flap down on all his home run trots my dreams would be fulfilled.

It's pretty obvious that if Buck had wanted Luke Scott back, DD would have made re-signing him more of a priority. If we bring in another bat, I doubt that it would be a DH-only type of player. It will likely be a competent fielder, as well as hitter, who can provide more - wait for it, the word of the offseason - flexibility in setting his lineup with the DH.

I've been trying to figure out a way to recreate the stupdity of the '89-'90 Mariners in Baltimore. Having a popular team captain also pull double duty as a sub-replacement DH like Jeffrey Leonard is a good place to start. Now if we could convince Roberts to do the one flap down on all his home run trots my dreams would be fulfilled.

I imagine the logic goes something like "well someone has to DH."

Lets trade for Caesar Izturis.

That is weird. When you made the post about HR trots, my first thoughts were Leonard and Mel

Hall.

As for Luke, loved the helmet as a bowling ball on the walkoff.

The current count on the WAR-off of the tejada trade is Orioles 9, Houston 2.2.

Guest rochester
I don't believe the reports. I want to see the actual documentation. Why won't he release a copy of his contract with the Rays?

he would and quickly too - undoctored and all... I mean, how difficult is that? :laughlol:

Archived