Duquette needs a "Plan B" for the offense

JTrea81

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There's no proof he's not. I tend to believe he is actually. I find it hard to believe anyone would fabricate a friendship with an average baseball player to impress posters on a message board.

Which isn't surprising that you would think like that... You are the moderator on the Island of Misfit Toys that he now resides.

What kind of a player could you get for this package...?

Nolan Reimold, Jake Arrieta, Ryan Adams, L.J. Hoes and Joe Mahoney???

Kinda-sorta-maybe serious. Could you get a real legitimate bat for that package?

I don't know what kind of player you could get, but it better be one we'll have for a long time.

Kinda-sorta-maybe serious. Could you get a real legitimate bat for that package?

David Wright + extension?

The O's are a team full of potential with little proven results to make an accurate projection of what they will do.

The young pitching staff could improve greatly or not. Any of Jones, Wieters, Davis, Reimold, Andino and Antonelli could make a jump forward or not. The O's fate for this year hangs in the balance.

The only real negative I see is thinking that Reynolds will be anything but a below average defensive 3B. After 5 years of trying he probably has a 10% chance of even being average. I can see why Buck says he will start the year at 3B. There is no reason to put pressure on Antonelli. However, I do expect that Antonelli will see a lot of time at 3B in ST and we will see were it goes from there.

Ditto for BilboBaggins.

And how do people really know this for sure? Why can't people just take the info for what it is worth instead of running potential valuable posters off because they think they know the whole story? I don't know why any person with connections would want to post here because of the way others have been treated by their fellow Orioles fans. Oh well...

And how do people really know this for sure? Why can't people can't just take the info for what it is worth instead of running potential valuable posters off because they think they know the whole story? I don't know why any person with connections would want to post here because of the way others have been treated by their fellow Orioles fans. Oh well...

Did you see the Adam Jones tweet? He basically called StrawDawg a liar, which is why Tony banninated him.

Same goes for MSK, err... BilboBaggins, who has lied about multiple things in the past including his house burning to the ground, just to get out a bet he lost. If it looks like a duck, waddles like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck, Trea.

Did you see the Adam Jones tweet? He basically called StrawDawg a liar, which is why Tony banninated him.

Same goes for MSK, err... BilboBaggins, who has lied about multiple things in the past including his house burning to the ground, just to get out a bet he lost. If it looks like a duck, waddles like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck, Trea.

That SUN board... :)

Is that bet thread still around? Both the offer and acceptance thread as well as the "my house burned down" thread? That would be a kick to read and knock off a few hours on a slow Friday.

And how do people really know this for sure? Why can't people just take the info for what it is worth instead of running potential valuable posters off because they think they know the whole story? I don't know why any person with connections would want to post here because of the way others have been treated by their fellow Orioles fans. Oh well...

Um...for StrawDawg, it's because Adam Jones himself posted on Twitter that he never said any of that to anyone.

For BilboBaggins, he wasn't "run off" because of his info, but because he had posted here under a previous name and was trying to skirt the 500-post rule.

Tough to say. Adams, Hoes and Mahoney aren't much of a package. Arrieta and Reimold have upside but one is coming off of an injury and the other has been inconsistent and not healthy. Both of them could be very valuable for a contender but both could crap out.

Trea mentioned David Wright..That's a good name.

The reason its a good name is because he is a guy owed a decent amount of money but is still a good player...This isn't a dump move but its not some fantastic return either.

I don't think you would get a very good young player with 3+ years of service time left.

I could see a player like Billy Butler coming back for that but you would have to get something else. Perhaps something with Michael Young and Koji?

Players like that.

I don't know that you see too many five player deals where the headliners are a potential #3 starter coming off an injury and a 28-year-old outfielder who's been worth two wins over his career. Hoes is a decent throw-in prospect, but Mahoney and Adams are worth very little.

I think, in general, you don't see too many deals that net a solid MLB player for a big group of question marks and grade C/D prospects.

Archived