National Signing Day

AgentOrange

If he signs, does that jump the Terps into the top 30 classes?

I'm not personally astute enough regarding the recruiting rankings to know. I doubt one guy is going to move them up too too much, regardless of how good he's supposed to be. I think they were right around middle of the pack in the ACC, so maybe this moves them up a notch or so.

I think the more important thing is the signal is sends, the MD is no longer a place for all the local talent to overlook. Plus, I think this would be our 3rd recruit from Good Counsel, so that is huge.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Diggs will be at Looney's from 6-9 pm. During the three hour spectacle there will be videos of him at his high school and the Good Counsel program. Expect a decision closer to 9pm from Diggs. Hoping Diggs thought this through IF he decides to go somewhere other than UMD. By 9pm the students/crowd will be really rowdy and will not be too thrilled if he chooses somewhere else.

Diggs will be at Looney's from 6-9 pm. During the three hour spectacle there will be videos of him at his high school and the Good Counsel program. Expect a decision closer to 9pm from Diggs. Hoping Diggs thought this through IF he decides to go somewhere other than UMD. By 9pm the students/crowd will be really rowdy and will not be too thrilled if he chooses somewhere else.

Yeah, it would be very unwise and inflammatory for him to do all of this in the shadow of Byrd Stadium and pick somewhere other than UM. It would probably rank even worse than the whole Logan-El debacle a few years ago. I would hope Diggs, and/or those who advise him, would have given him good counsel on handling this announcement. See what I did there?

If he chooses OSU or UF at the end of this at a bar in CP full of drunken Terp fans...I hope he has a good escape plan.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Yeah' date=' it would be very unwise and inflammatory for him to do all of this in the shadow of Byrd Stadium and pick somewhere other than UM. It would probably rank even worse than the whole Logan-El debacle a few years ago. I would hope Diggs, and/or those who advise him, would have given him good counsel on handling this announcement. See what I did there?

Obviously he chose Maryland, but it's not like we haven't seen superstars have special announcement shows to spite their fans cough Lebron. Glad he chose Maryland, lets just hope he actually sees the field for at least one season with the Terps. My guess is he will start next year as we have no running backs.

If he chooses OSU or UF at the end of this at a bar in CP full of drunken Terp fans...I hope he has a good escape plan.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

I knew Thursday he was going MD, but I promised I wouldn't say anything. That's why he moved his announcement to CP, if he were going one of the other guys he was going to announce at Looney's in Maple Lawn and CSN was going to air it.

Archived