I can't remember a year when there was less buzz about the start of spring training

Frobby

I am still looking forward to this weekend when pitchers and catchers report. But I have to say, I can't remember a year when there was less buzz about it.

It has been a long, long winter. Nothing that has happened with regard to personnel moves is very inspiring. And, the recent spat between the O's administration and OH has darkened everyone's mood. So, I totally understand the lack of buzz.

Still, I am ready for a change of subject. I'm ready to hear about some athletes competing for jobs and preparing to play, instead of the steady drumbeat of front office stuff. So bring it on already.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

14 years will do that to a man, Frobby. A pretty quiet offseason will do that too.

If the O's are terrible this year, and there's no reason to think they won't be, the Yard is going to be an empty, empty place when the Yanks and Red Sox aren't in town.

You think we've reached a low point? I think this season could be another year of low points, on and off the field.

I'm ready, too, Frobby. The recent discussions about OH and the lack of player acquisitions have me ready for the sound of the ball hitting the mitt and the crack of the bat.

As ticked off as I am at this team, I'm still a fan and will give them lots of attention until things get bleak later in the year.

I'm really interested to see if we get any "nuggets" out of all of our acquisitions. I'm most interested in Antonelli.

There are so many unknowns this year. I really don't know whether to be excited or terrified. Exciting or not, at the very least it's going to be interesting. I'll be headed down to spring training in a few weeks and I'm, dare I say it, excited to see the likes of Chen, Wada, Hammel, Matusz, Arrieta et al.

Archived