Damonte Dodd, PF Joins 2013 Freshman Class

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone know anything about these recruits and the chances they may sign with Maryland? I'm just going by the espn page stating those that are still "considering" MD for the 2012 class.

Phillip Nolan

Charles Mitchell

Sam Cassell Jr.

Cinmeon Bowers

Darrick Wood

Shakir Brown

William Howard

Is that all pipe dreams? How many slots do we have left?

http://espn.go.com/colleges/basketball/recruiting/school/_/id/120/class/2012/page/considering

Anyone know anything about these recruits and the chances they may sign with Maryland? I'm just going by the espn page stating those that are still "considering" MD for the 2012 class.

Phillip Nolan

Charles Mitchell

Sam Cassell Jr.

Cinmeon Bowers

Darrick Wood

Shakir Brown

William Howard

Is that all pipe dreams? How many slots do we have left?

http://espn.go.com/colleges/basketball/recruiting/school/_/id/120/class/2012/page/considering

Don't forget about the Harrison twins as well.

Don't forget about the Harrison twins as well.

Harrisons are 2013.

About the only two from the remaining list that I would expect are possible MD targets are Mitchell and Cassell. I believe they only have 1 more open spot for next year, though I could be wrong.

That's why the Dodd offer is a bit of a headscratcher. The staff possibly expects some parts to leave the program (Pankey transfer, Len go back to Europe, something like that), especially since they're still recruiting Mitchell.

Harrisons are 2013.

About the only two from the remaining list that I would expect are possible MD targets are Mitchell and Cassell. I believe they only have 1 more open spot for next year, though I could be wrong.

That's why the Dodd offer is a bit of a headscratcher. The staff possibly expects some parts to leave the program (Pankey transfer, Len go back to Europe, something like that), especially since they're still recruiting Mitchell.

Thanks...didn't read the "2012" part! :o

• 1 month later...
UPDATE: Saw Dodd at the bar last night. I may or may not have been intoxicated so I asked him whether he is going to redshirt. He seemed pretty adamant that he's going to play and not take a redshirt year. FYI.

You intoxicated is ok. Why was Dodd at a bar though? Anyways, I'm interested to see if he gets redshirted or not. Unless he outperforms early expectations dramatically there isn't going to be a lot of playing time for him.

You intoxicated is ok. Why was Dodd at a bar though? Anyways, I'm interested to see if he gets redshirted or not. Unless he outperforms early expectations dramatically there isn't going to be a lot of playing time for him.

All the players go. He wasn't drinking.

• 1 month later...

Looks like Dodd is going to a prep school next season:

Damonte Dodd, a 6-10 forward from Queen Anne's County High School, is headed to prep school, a source close to the situation confirmed. Dodd had committed to the Terps back in February but had not signed his letter of intent.

Note at the bottom of this article from the Sun.

• 1 month later...

Comes in at No. 79 in the newest Scout top-100.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=9&c=4&cfg=bb&pid=88&yr=2013

Nice get, Turge.

Telep on Dodd:

Dodd is a classic late-bloomer, or at least he’s got the markers. After seeing him for the first time, I could care less what competition he faced, what his stats were his senior year or if he could walk and chew gum in unison. If I had a scholarship to spare, he’d get it. Taking it a step further, if our 2012 ESPN 100 wasn’t finished, Dodd would be in it.

Archived