Can we beat UNC tomorrow?

Faust 4-16

Mosley 2-12

Stoglin 11-24

-------------

Total 17-52 (Maryland was 24-71)

I understand UNC is a tough team with a great frontcourt, but if your guards take 74% of your FG, you are in trouble. If they only make 33% of them, you are SOL.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Faust 4-16

Mosley 2-12

Stoglin 11-24

-------------

Total 17-52 (Maryland was 24-71)

I understand UNC is a tough team with a great frontcourt, but if your guards take 74% of your FG, you are in trouble. If they only make 33% of them, you are SOL.

Well MD's frontcourt is far and away the worst I've even seen it. Padgett's been the most consistent guy there, and he should be a 2nd or 3rd big man coming in on a decent team. There is literally no one who can consistently finish around the basket.

But, we knew this was coming when Jordan Williams left. Just have to hope Len improves and Cleare and Mitchell can make big contributions as freshmen.

I've only watched a hand full of games this year, so take my observations with a grain of salt...

Way too many ill-advised 3's today. Especially while it was still pretty close in the first half.

You would have hoped to see MD take more of an advantage with Henson out, but they didn't.

It was nice to see them come back with about 12 mins left with that 14-4 run, but after that turnover when they could have made it a 4-5 point game, UNC just took off.

Is it just me or does MD always look smaller compared to other teams? They always seem to struggle to get rebounds, especially offensive boards...and this goes back for years.

Anyway, they seem to be building for something, and this was year 1 so next year and the year after should be much better.

I've only watched a hand full of games this year, so take my observations with a grain of salt...

Way too many ill-advised 3's today. Especially while it was still pretty close in the first half.

You would have hoped to see MD take more of an advantage with Henson out, but they didn't.

It was nice to see them come back with about 12 mins left with that 14-4 run, but after that turnover when they could have made it a 4-5 point game, UNC just took off.

Is it just me or does MD always look smaller compared to other teams? They always seem to struggle to get rebounds, especially offensive boards...and this goes back for years.

Anyway, they seem to be building for something, and this was year 1 so next year and the year after should be much better.

Padgett is 6'8", Pankey is 6'9", Weijs is 7'0", and Len is 7'1".

Padgett is pretty good on the offensive glass as well.

I think you're confusing "small" with "not very good."

That's fine. But Weijs isn't 7-0 unless he's on his tip toes. And even then, mayyyyybe.

Fair enough, but he's definitely taller than Padgett and Pankey, so we'll split the difference and say he's 6'10".

He's not exactly short is my point. He's just not very good at basketball.

Archived