Mussina elected to Orioles Hall of Fame! (Also Dauer and Youse) w/Mussina reaction

Frobby

Are you happy that Mussina was elected to the Orioles Hall of Fame?  

257 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy that Mussina was elected to the Orioles Hall of Fame?

• Yes - he deserved it based on his pitching, so he should be in
    • No - he was disloyal and should have been kept out

This poll is closed to new votes

With how terrible this organization was run and with how awful PA was, the spiral happens, with or without Moose.

It may not have been as painful but whether you win 68 games or 74 games, you are still awful.

I'm not so sure of that SC, it would have changed the way we drafted over the next few years and his departure may have even contributed to our front office instability.

I'm sure PA's decision to let him go caused a lot of dissent in there. Not to mention...he went to the Yanks. So let's say his departure made us 12 games worse and the Yanks 10 to 12 games better. That's a 20 game swing in our own division.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because you have reading comprehension problems? How is that the same? I said he should be remembered as a Yankee. I didn't say everyone should think that way. I was clearly stating my opinion. If people want to enjoy a Yankee in the Orioles HoF, be my guest.

I really don't have a problem with your opinion that Mussina was a turncoat, even though I disagree with it. Lots of people obviously feel the way you do. But to me, Mussina is being inducted to the Orioles Hall of Fame based on what he did when he was wearing an Orioles uniform, plain and simple. He did more in that uniform than about 80% of the players who are already in the Orioles Hall of Fame. That is all I need to know. His Orioles career is his Orioles career and his Yankees career is his Yankees career. Nobody is putting him in the Orioles HOF based on what he did as a Yankee.

This is basically like asking does Albert Pujols deserve to be put into the Cardinals hall of fame. Absolutely he does. Just because they got paid elsewhere doesn't mean they were any less of a player for the organization during their time there. This is the day of free agency. Players leave teams all of the time and in most cases with the amount of money on the line you can't really blame them. Any of us would almost always do the same.

So, he SHOULD be remembered as a Yankee and but yet you then say you didn't say everyone should think that way?

Hmmmm, sure sounds like the same thing to me.

I don't see how anything you said there is worth just brushing to the side and pretending like you aren't telling people how to think yet what Dipper said, is somehow very different.

Dipper said to direct anger at PA, not Moose....but he also didn't said thats how EVERYONE should think.

Seems to me to be the same situation.

You really want to get into semantics issue here? I've got better things to do then play this stupid little obnoxious game with you.

You really want to get into semantics issue here? I've got better things to do then play this stupid little obnoxious game with you.

I just think its wrong that you would jump down Dipper's throat when you did the same thing.

Neither of you did or said anything wrong but yet you want to jump on him and then decide to have some kind of a double standard about it?

Just didn't see that as fair to him.

I'm not so sure of that SC' date=' it would have changed the way we drafted over the next few years and his departure may have even contributed to our front office instability.

I'm sure PA's decision to let him go caused a lot of dissent in there. Not to mention...he went to the Yanks. So let's say his departure made us 12 games worse and the Yanks 10 to 12 games better. That's a 20 game swing in our own division.[/quote']

There is no way him leaving is a 20 game differential between the 2 teams.

The Yankees would have just acquired a different ace.

I agree with Tony. If they put him in which they are. They should have waited he has not been out of the game long enough to put him. I also remember when his contract was up he wanted more than what PA paid for the team. Also as living in Pennslyvanaia at the time and living close to Williamsport, I believe his mother was the driving force behind him leaving. She told him to go for more money.

And YES the hankees are our rivals, I remember at one time we were the only team with a winning record against them (not any longer).

Lets just say neither I nor Tony are trying to tell others how they should feel, and if it came off that way, it wasn't meant to, at least from my side. I can't speak for Tony.

I agree with Tony. If they put him in which they are. They should have waited he has not been out of the game long enough to put him. I also remember when his contract was up he wanted more than what PA paid for the team. Also as living in Pennslyvanaia at the time and living close to Williamsport, I believe his mother was the driving force behind him leaving. She told him to go for more money.

And YES the hankees are our rivals, I remember at one time we were the only team with a winning record against them (not any longer).

What was that? Like 25-30 years ago?

Really torn on this one. He deserves to be in, but I don't want him in. Does that make sense?
Isn't that exactly what you are asking with the explanation to the yes answer?

I do think he deserves to be in but I'm not happy about it.

Being happy vs being deserving are two different things.

I refuse to vote! :P

Right. I'm in the same position. I think it's fair, and deserved, but I don't have fond memories of his departure, even in retrospect, and absolutely hate the rancor the issue raises among O's fans. The Yanks were good to Moose, and courted him, but there is no question in my mind that his response was, in part, the equivalent of flipping the bird (no pun intended) to Angelos. The problem is, O's fans got caught in the crossfire.

Understood. That is why I generally prefer polls that just have answers (Yes, No, Maybe, etc.), and the posters can fill in their own explanation(s) in the comments section.

I'm a world class grudge holder, but can you say it wasn't a smart decision? I loved watching him pitch for the O's and was pissed when he left. But while we all went down with the ship, he took a first class cabin on the Carpathia. Smart fella. I think his induction will be a little awkward, but he earned his spot with his play. I'm over it.

Oh boy, now we've dragged Mike's mom into the thread.

Archived