Jason Hammel Today

OFFNY

My Oriole bias says that we were jobbed on Teixeira's single up the first baseline immediately preceding Chavez' 2-run home run in the second inning. Foul ball. Asa result, Hammel had to pitch from the stretch, and subsequently gave up the dinger.

I don't think that's your Orioles bias talking. Someone on the game thread mentioned that even the Yanks' announcers were saying Teixiera's hit was foul.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think that's your Orioles bias talking. Someone on the game thread mentioned that even the Yanks' announcers were saying Teixiera's hit was foul.

The guys on YES didn't comment either way, other than to say it was close.

That said, they were mostly complimentary, save for an extended discussion of a talk w/ Buck which they interpreted as Buck conceding that the O's can't compete.

The guys on YES didn't comment either way, other than to say it was close.

That said, they were mostly complimentary, save for an extended discussion of a talk w/ Buck which they interpreted as Buck conceding that the O's can't compete.

Yanks' radio guys I meant. :) My bad, didn't clarify that.

Both starting pitchers are ex-Rockies. Cook has had some good years, including an All-Star 2008, when he went 16-9 / 3.96 ERA at the age of 29, but his last two seasons have been very weak w/ poor peripherals. Hammel and Cook were teammates and I assume the O's have prepared to expect certain pitches from him.

I really want the O's to make a statement and sweep this weekend, especially now that they've got their jinxed defensive innings out of the way--and won anyway!

Go O's!

• 2 weeks later...

NATIONALS O(May 19th)

Steve Lombardozzi - 2B

Bryce Harper - RF

Ryan Zimmerman - 3B

Adam LaRoche - 1B

Ian Desmond - SS

Rick Ankiel - CF

Carlos Maldonado - C

Roger Bernadina - LF

Ross Detwiler - P