Jason Hammel Today

OFFNY

I think without a sure-fire No. 1/2 that we need our back end to be stronger. I like Hunter a lot as a long-man/swing-starter, though.

That's reasonable. I think that is kind of his role, but with injuries to SP he's had to make more starts than I'd prefer. Unfortunately, with Wada out for the year he'll probably have to make more starts than we'd like.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roch said yesterday (Wednesday) or today that Hammel had the knee drained, the first time he's had that done. The short quote (and I'm too lazy to look it up) sounded like Jason really got instant relief from that. *fingers crossed*

Hopefully the warmer weather will also allow for it to loosen up and stay loose. It is GD gorgeous on the deck in Mt. Airy. Should be a great night at the yard. I'm gonna sweat my rear end off on Sunday.

Jason Hammel: FREAKIN BULLDOG.

Dude has nerves of steel.

Hammel had some serious help from his defense tonight, too. :)

Andino's play at the plate to Wieters in the second inning set the tone for the rest of the game.

Hammel had some serious help from his defense tonight, too. :)

Andino's play at the plate to Wieters in the second inning set the tone for the rest of the game.

Agreed - Andino's brilliant play to throw out the runner at home, and Hardy's leaping catch with two on and two out were the plays of the game imo.

That said, Hammel was sick tonight. Can't pitch well without good defense behind you.

Jason, as an Oriole fan, I feel like a whimpering, hungry dog, waiting outside of your door, crying, begging, and pleading ....... "Please Jason, pitch a great game tomorrow and give us a win ???"

BLUE J AYS O (May 30th)

Yunel Escobar - SS

Colby Rasmus - CF

Jose Bautista - RF

Edwin Encarnacion - 1B

Brett Lawrie - 3B

David Cooper - DH

J.P. Arencibia - C

Omar Vizquel - 2B

Rajai Davis - LF

Roch agrees. Woo hoo.

"Orioles Desperately need Hammel to be the Stopper"

http://www.masnsports.com/school_of_roch/2012/05/ill-give-jake-arrieta-credit.html

To do that he needs better defense behind him than the O's provided yesterday. I'll just shake my head if Betemit's out in the field today--someone needs to work with him, athough I guess it's hard with someone who has already played so many years.

To do that he needs better defense behind him than the O's provided yesterday. I'll just shake my head if Betemit's out in the field today--someone needs to work with him, athough I guess it's hard with someone who has already played so many years.

Any chance that we can put a 10th fielder out there during the game so we can have the person who is "working with him" play the position while Betemit watches and goes after any balls that he (preferably Steve Tolleson) misses ???

You know, like, on-the-job training ??? :o

JASON HAMMEL O(vs. BLUE JAYS May, 30th)

IP:. 6.67

H:o 9

R:O 4

BB: 2

SO: 5

Pitches: 105 (67 Strikes, 38 Balls) *

2012 ERA: 3.06

JASON BY INNINGS

11 * Hammel recorded 2 outs in the 7th inning before departing.

Archived