Matusz Tonight

OFFNY

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yea, I hadn't seen that.

I wouldn't say that he is a guy that has lost confidence though. I think perplexed is a good word to use.

One thing I took from that interview is that if he does end up getting sent down in a few weeks, that he will understand it and continue to work hard.

In other words, he won't get down on himself about going to the minors. He seems to understand what he is doing wrong and the one that I would say is that this isn't a stuff thing.

His stuff today was fine. Its the command of that stuff that has to be improved and its just consistent because his mechanics still aren't consistent.

Nice to see SG getting some time in this Matusz tonight thread....I guess we can all (well except for atomic) agree that is isn't a "stuff" thing, right?

I wonder what excuses people will make for him after tonight's game?

I don't know.

In the event that Matusz pitches well tonight, I wonder where Atomic will take his next dump on the team and its fans?

Fingers crossed for Matusz tonight.

Matusz threw 24 pitches per inning for 4 innings vs the Yankees

He threw about 18.5 pitches per inning for 5.2 innings vs the Jays.

I am hope he can continue the progression and get to 15 pitches per inning for 6 or 7 innings tonight. That could be a quality start.

Pujols had three doubles yesterday. This might be pretty bad timing for Matusz.

Matusz can't catch a break. He could have gotten two starts against the weak hitting Sox and Twins, nope his first three starts are all against teams that have massive homer potential and are filled with tough outs.

I want to see him keep us in the game, go at least six. If he can go at least six innings and give up less than four runs even if he loses I will take it, so long as he looks good doing it.

Acceptable for me:

6IP 4ER 3BB 5H

Anything worse than that will be troubling.

Giving up fewer runs but walking the world woud be disturbing too.

He crushed three balls last night..all doubles.One of them missed a home run by a foot. Uh-oh.

No problem, Roy. When Pujols is up, Buck will just tell Adam, Nick, and Nolan to stand one foot in front of the fence, and get ready to jump after every pitch. ;)

No problem, Roy. When Pujols is up, Buck will just tell Adam, Nick, and Nolan to stand one foot in front of the fence, and get ready to jump after every pitch. ;)

I think he's also gonna move the infield back and have the outfielders sit on their shoulders in front of the wall

Archived